* 𝙲𝚘𝚏𝚏𝚎𝚎 𝙲𝚞𝚙𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙲𝚛𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚂𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚎𝚜 *

[008]- ☾ '☂︎︎' ☽ -

[008]
- ☾ '☂︎︎' ☽ -

           Dusk. The sky was painted in deep hues of blue and purple.

           Vanya stood by the door checking her phone and occasionally squinting through the glass in search of something that had not yet arrived. A dull thumping noise signaled the arrival of Pogo as he approached Vanya, his cane hitting the floor in sync with his steps.

           "If you're going to convince me to stay, you're wasting your time. Diego's right, I shouldn't have come," said Vanya. 

           "I was going to offer you a ride," said Pogo. "But this is your home and always will be," he smiled kindly at her.

            "I already called one. But thanks," Vanya said, kneeling down to hug her friend.

           A car honked outside of the mansion; Vanya stood up. "That's me," she said.

           Pogo nodded and sighed. "I hope you know . . . your father loved you very much. In his own way."

           "Well, that's kind of the problem, isn't it?" She opened the door and took one last look at the chimp. "Take care of yourself."

           "You as well, Miss Vanya."

           He watched solemnly as Vanya climbed into the back of a taxi, and disappeared down the road, vanishing into the night. Then he shut the door.

           Not long after Vanya's departure, there were loud noises coming from the kitchen. Number Five looked like he was ransacking the place, aggressively opening and closing cabinet doors as he searched for something.

           "Has to be here somewhere," grunted Five, standing on the counter and digging through the highest cabinet. "What kind of adult doesn't drink coffee?"

           "Where's Vanya?" Allison asked, entering the room.

           "Oh, she's gone," answered Klaus, sitting on the table once again.

           "Pity. She's the only one of you I actually trust." Five re-emerged from the depths of the cabinet. "Minus boogeyman and the crackhead," he said. Cassidy scoffed and threw a balled up napkin at him.

           "That's Mister Crackhead to you," giggled Klaus in a slurred voice.

           Five slammed the cabinet shut and scowled. "An entire square block. Forty-two bedrooms, nineteen bathrooms, but not a single drop of coffee."