* 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙱𝚘𝚢 𝚒𝚗 𝙱𝚊𝚐𝚐𝚢 𝙲𝚕𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚜 *

[005]
- ☾ '☂︎︎' ☽ -

One of the first things Number Five did when he got to his feet was head straight to the kitchen and beeline to the pantry. The others followed him, filled with confusion and overwhelming concern.

Luther cleared his throat awkwardly, "What are you doing?"

Number Five opened the pantry door, "Making a sandwich. Do you know how long it's been since I've eaten solid food?"

Luther slammed the door shut, now looking furious that his long lost brother's main concern was making a sandwich. He'd been gone for years, Luther felt everyone deserved an explanation, however far fetched it may be.

Number Five glanced up, annoyed. "You look ridiculous, by the way."

He opened the pantry door once more, throwing bread and a bag of marshmallows onto the table. Completely ignoring when Klaus sat cross legged on the table and started eating from the marshmallow bag.

"What's the date? The exact date?" he asked.

           Allison was the first to answer, "The twenty-fourth."

"Of what?"

"March, 2019."

"Good."

Luther was absolutely baffled at what was happening, but also upset that he was being disregarded. "So are we going to talk about what just happened?"

Five said nothing and opened the bread bag.

"It's been eighteen years," Luther said, standing in front of Five.

"It's been a lot longer than that," Five stated, then disappeared, reappearing behind him to grab a jar of peanut butter from the cabinet.

"I haven't missed that," Luther muttered.

"Where'd you go?" asked Diego.

"The future, it's terrible, by the way." Five answered.

"Called it!" Klaus shouted.

"I should've listened to the old man. You know, jumping through space is one thing, jumping through time is a toss of the dice," he paused for a moment. "Nice dress." He nodded at Klaus.

"Danke!"

"Then how did you get back?" Allison asked, crossing her arms.

Five had started slathering his bread with peanut butter. "In the end, I had to project my consciousness forward into a suspended quantum state version of myself that exists in every possible instance of time."

"That makes no sense," Diego said.

"Well, it would if you were smarter."

Luther grabbed Diego as he lunged across the counter.

"How long were you there?" asked Diego, regaining his composure.

"Ahh . . . .," Five thought for a moment. "Forty-two years. Give or take," he said, then grabbed the marshmallow bag from Klaus.

Klaus began to count on his hands, huffing like a child when he ran out of fingers. He took his shoes off and counted his toes. Diego gaped at Five, having done the math.

"He's fifty-five," a sudden voice behind Klaus said.

Klaus nearly fell off the counter as Cassidy materialized behind him. She pushed him up straight and leaned against the wall, crossing her arms.