{Chapter 7: With Return Comes Questions}

// It's back! After months of y'all asking, I have finally made another chapter. I seriously don't understand why y'all like this scrap pile so much. So, here it is I guess.

I do have kind of a reason though for not writing this sooner; I'm not into the Wakfu Fandom as much anymore. But even with that I'll try to keep this going because it just got to the important part!

(The art above may look like the forest she's in is dead but i promise it's not) //

/Warning: violence, attempts of murder/

Amalia walked through the garden. It had always been her favorite place, and it was easy to hide from Armond in here. The flora made it hard to find anything. Annoying him was pretty fun. She couldn't help but think of her dreams though. The only two that had really stuck in her mind. The one about Qilby and the one she just had.

Why had all this even happened? she wondered with a sigh. She racked her brain, but she couldn't remember how Qilby had even escaped his prison or how he found his way back here.

The leaves swayed in the gentle wind and the trees cast a cool shadow over the entire place. As peaceful as everything was, something felt off. Like something was watching her.

She looked behind her, but nothing was there. Wind chimes echoed in the background, instead of being calming it added to the eeriness of it all. Maybe I should head back inside, she thought to herself.

Suddenly something rustled in the branches above her. Amalia whipped around, looking up at the leaves. Something, no, someone was up there. They moved again, something metallic glinted in the sunlight.

"Who's there?" she called out. If someone is messing with me-

Something hit her back hard and she fell forward. She cried out and tried to push off the figure. Whoever it was, they were lighter and smaller than she was. She took control of the plants around her and made them force the figure off her.

Amalia stood up. Her shoulder stung and she realized there was a cut. It was bleeding but she ignored it, turning to the attacker instead.

Struggling violently in the vines, was a boy who looked only a few years younger than her. He wore a paled blue hat with foxlike ear things at the top. He also had a grayish orange tank top and blue knee-length shorts.

Then she realized who it was, Amalia stared in shock. "Yugo?" She whispered taking a step back.

He stopped thrashing and glowered at her, teeth bared. A small scar ran across his cheek, dangerously close to his eye.

"How do you know that name?" He demanded.

Amalia still stood there in shocked silence. "No, no, no. You can't be back." She mumbled. You really have gone insane, she thought.

Yugo tried to free his hand, which was gripped around a deadly looking silver dagger. "How are you back?" she asked, forcing the words out of her throat.

"How about you answer me first!" He yelled, glaring at her.

"You... Yugo it's me." Amalia said taking a step forward, "I'm your friend-"

"Your no friend of mine!" He shouted going back to trying to free his arm. The vines tightened around it instead, not helping whatever progress he had.

Amalia tried to process what was happening. He looks like he never died at all, in fact, he looked older than when she last saw him. But that was impossible, she saw him die. Nothing made sense. Why didn't he know who she was? Why was he attacking her?

She decided to ask the most pressing one at the moment, "Why are you attacking me?"

He didn't answer, instead he quickly burst his arm out of the vines. He hacked at them with the dagger. "You're not getting away that easy." she said, kneeling down and growing more vines. Yugo let out a muffled sound of frustrated as they covered his mouth.

Shouts came from the path behind her. "Guards are coming," she stated standing back up, "If you don't answer me, you'll answer them."

The shouts got closer, and Yugo thrashed more and more. She turned and saw them running toward her. One told her to retract the vines and she did. Guards quickly grabbed the skinny, pale boy. He yelled and thrashed, but they were much stronger and bigger than him. He shot a murderous look to Amalia as they dragged him away.

Some of the guards looked confused, they recognized who it was too. A woman came up to her, a healer, and told her she could patch up the cut on her shoulder. Amalia had completely forgotten about it.

She nodded and walked back with the healer and group of guards.

Was that really him? she thought, Oh, Yugo. What happened?

// June, I made the last chapter, in God freaking JUNE? Oml I am so sorry y'all p-p

This is short-ish but at this moment I am working on the like ideas for the book and ya know it's ending, do not worry the next chapter won't take as long //