Chapter 9

Gus' POV

After a short while of Matt and I sitting beneath the patchily lit bleachers, holding each other, our arms full, I laughed anxiously, removing my hands. I cleared my dry throat and stood up and Matt look like he was about to die, his eyes big and his cheeks red. I hefted him up with my arm and he looked at me. After a while, the badly drawn facial hair I couldn't remove had now faded, only small freckles and moles painting Matt's face now. I stared a moment longer and reached for his hand, planting a soft peck on his cheek and he grinned.

"Come, on, we should probably get back now-" I commented, and Mattholomule did not respond, simply nodding his head slowly. I led him through the thicket of dense of bushes through the way we had come out until an unsettling, familiar glint of light flashed my eyes. I looked up to see a puppet spy and my heart almost launched out of my mouth in fear. It quickly noticed us and Matt, almost like it was muscle memory, formed a large spike that soared into the thing. It flipped around wildly but left without being harmed. Matt grabbed my arm and raced toward an ajar door and the starry spy was gaining. Matt jumped through the doorway and dragged me in behind him, slamming the door, it racketing against the silver hinges.

"Shit! Shit shit shiiit!" Matt exclaimed in a panic, racing out of the room we entered. I wish I helped more but I was a bit lost, I felt guilty. He doubled over, clutching his stomach, huffing and puffing exhaustedly. Matt, his calloused hand still gripped to mine he struggled past an array of students into the gym. 

"Don't-" he choked out, "Don't let anyone outside! Spies!" He somehow jumbled the words out through the heavy breathing. I noticed Hunter giggling to Willow, Amity and Luz.

Luz walked forward from the main group, "and what exactly were you two doing outside?" she questioned, an amused expression plastered to her face. I was confused for a moment until I realised, wincing. Matt and I still had our hands pressed together and I felt my face get hotter than it had ever. I let go, my palms embarrassingly sweaty.

"Nothing important!" I speedily excused, although everyone could tell I was lying straight through my teeth. I notice Hunter beckon me over and I parted from Mattholomule, bouncing over.

Author here,

Unfortunately I haven't worked on this fic since February and have since lost my hyperixation on TOH and gustholomule all together. This is what I had done before stopping. However! If you want more of my work I did publish some to ao3, my user is ovibarr over there. Thank you to the people who read this dumb first time fic <3