"A trip gone wrong"| MA angst | Chap.3 The news...

Hey friends 😘✨ Here's chapter 3 for this absolute trainwreck of a story

⚠️warning⚠️
-blood

-angst

-inaccurate descriptions of things

-possible spelling and grammar errors

-men crying (idk, some people just get offended by this for some stupid reason-)

======================================================================================================

Back at the statehouse....

...

...

      A bunch of the states were just lounging around in the common area of the statehouse. Some in the kitchen, others in the dining room and living room, and the rest had f(technical glitch) off to lord knows where. New York was fighting with New Jersey behind the couch, with Loui and Florida hyping them up and cheering them on, when suddenly "BREAKING NEWS" flashed across the screen of the large TV in the living room. A bunch of the states turned to pay attention to the TV and NJ and NY stopped fighting to watch the news.

      The news guy came on screen and said some random stuff like introductions, other little news stuff, and then finally got to the good stuff (not really good, but I mean like- the drama). "And now onto the breaking news. At around 2:30 a very large earthquake shook the entire town of (random town name), MA. Magnitude of the earthquake is still to be determined, but buildings have collapsed, windows are broken, there were several explosions, and survivors are currently being located, none have been found yet. We are accepting volunteers for searching and clean-up, wait a minute *holds phone up to ear* uh huh, yes- I understand. Have a good day. *sets down phone* Alright folks, searching and clean-up will be postponed until further notice due to lack of staff (I know this is probably not how things work, but for the sake of this story, I'm going to choose to not care). This was *first name* *last name* on *random news channel*, have a great day folks."

The states stared at the tv with wide eyes.

"Isn't that the town that Mass went to for his government sh(technical glitch)?" Alaska said, from where he was in the corner of the kitchen.

"Y-yea..." Utah said, worry evident in his voice.

"York, you good man?" Colorado asked, the attention turning to York, who was staring wide eyed and frozen at the TV.

"No no no no no.... He promised he was going to be ok..." York mumbled over and over under his breath.

The other two brothers were in shock about what they just heard. Jersey looked like he was still trying to process what the h**l just happened and Connecticut could only think of the worst. What if his younger brother was dead? What would he do? Would he be able to come back this time around (which, yes he would, it might take a while tho)?

"I'm gonna try calling him." Florida said, and started trying to call him.

"That's it. I'm going to go look for him." York said walking towards the door and grabbing his jacket. Cali ran over to him and started holding him back and refraining him from leaving. "LET ME GO, CALIFORNIA!!" York yelled, still struggling to get away from the Golden State, but unfortunately for him, Cali was a bit more on the muscular side whereas York was kinda scrawny and on the lankier side. He still put up a good fight tho.

"No! I'm not letting you go, it's way too dangerous right now! You could get hurt or sick!" Cali said, wincing a bit when the smaller kicked him in the knee.