"slow and steady"

It's the morning after. They are still both snuggled up to each other. The alarm goes off at 6:00 AM. Eddie rolls over and turns it off, then snuggles up to Buck again.

"Buckaroo," Eddie softly says as he runs his hand up Bucks body.

Buck wakes up and smiles at him. "Hey Eds," he replies as he strokes Eddie's beard.

"We've got work, Bubs," Eddie sighs

"I don't know, I'm not feeling too well." Buck coughs

"What's wrong?" Eddie asks as he soothes Buck

"Just feeling sick," Buck sniffles

"Awh, but I'll miss you at work." Eddie saddens slightly

Buck sees the sadness overcoming him. "I'll come and pick you up," he says as he ruffles Eddie's hair.

"Ok, I'll make you a coffee." Eddie rolls out of bed. 5 minutes pass, he goes back to the bedroom with the 2 steaming coffees in his hands but doesn't see Buck.

"Baby?" Eddie questions his whereabouts as he places the coffee on the bedside table. That's when he hears Buck throwing up in the toilet. He rushes over to the bathroom to Buck, flushing the toilet.

"Are you alright?" Eddie asks as he hugs and comforts Buck

"I'll be fine, I just need to lay down," Buck insists as Eddie helps him into the living room where he flops onto the sofa.

"I can take today off," Eddie says worryingly as he lays on top of Buck, cuddling him.

"No, I'll be ok here. I'll arrive a bit earlier so we can hang around with the team." Buck smiles as Eddie crawls off him and wraps him in a blanket.

"I'll see you then," Eddie smiles, wishing he could just comfort Buck all day. He passes him his coffee and gets ready for work. He goes back to Buck one final time before leaving.

"Right, I'll see you later," He says as he gives a sleepy Buck a soft, light kiss on the head.

"Bye, sexy," Buck winks as he has always loved Eddie in his uniform. Eddie smiles at him and then leaves for the day. Buck falls back to sleep.

A few hours pass, and Eddie gives Buck a ring.

"Hey, Buck, how are you feeling?" Eddie asks over the phone

"Better than I was," Buck replies as he flips a pancake over

"Good, glad to hear it, what are you doing?" Eddie asks

"I'm making pancakes." Buck smiles over the phone

"Alright, well, I've got to get off, I love you, baby," Eddie whispers

"I love you too," Buck replies as he squeals, hearing Eddie say those words to him.

Eddie hangs up the phone when he turns around with a big smile on his face and sees hen and chim stood there with their mouths wide open.

"You and Bu-" Hen goes to say when Eddie cuts her off. "Shhh, you were not meant to hear that," he says in a low tone

"I need details," Chim says as he smiles

"Guys, you can not tell anyone," Eddie begs

"Ok, but why are you keeping it quiet. We all knew it anyway?" Hen chuckles slightly