𝟬𝟲. consequences

CHAPTER SIX
in a state of constant paranoia

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

     𝐃abin swung her bat like never before. She swore her bones were starting to ache the harder she hit the door. Yong-guk kept a close eye on everybody else, waiting for her to break the glass. Her throat strained from the frustrated scream she let out as she smashed the glass door. Her strength had never felt so pronounced until now because she was determined. Nobody could stop her from getting to her cousin in one piece.

     Then cracks begin to appear.

     Yong-guk was the first one to slide inside the hall when the door smashed to pieces. He immediately noticed what was going on and hurried after the other door. Dabin ran after him just as he stuck half of his body inside the carriage before the obnoxious guy from before wearing a business suit could fully close it. She quickly grabbed ahold of the end of the sliding door, pulling it over to keep it from crushing Yong-guk.

     He didn't try to move away either despite the pain, knowing those people would close it on them without a doubt. Then a few guys began to help him close the door, and Dabin had never felt so angry when she noticed the look on Yong-guk's face. He was in so much pain, she could tell. But he kept his arm inside, gripping the businessman's blazer.

     "You fucking idiots!" Dabin yelled when she saw her cousin getting manhandled by the steward. "Jin-hee!"

     Then Jin-hee managed to break free, knocking the steward on the nose with her elbow. She cried out Dabin and Yong-guk's names as she rushed forward. Another old lady tried to help her make the guys move away from the door when she saw her sister with them. But their attempt to pry them away was deemed useless as they got thrown back like ragdolls.

     Dabin made the mistake of looking back. Because she saw that Sang-hwa, the pregnant lady's husband, had a bite mark on his hand and the door was starting to crack. They were going to die.

     "Yong-guk," Dabin exclaimed, grabbing the boy's arm as his eyes shut in pain from getting squished between the door. "I'll take over. Let me take over! Please."

     "It's okay, it's okay," He breathed heavily, giving her a gentle look despite the situation he was in being far from gentle. "We got this, remember?"

     "Let me," Seok-woo said hardly, maintaining eye contact with the main culprit on the other side of the glass door.

     Dabin moved the others before her, trying to keep the pregnant lady's eyes away from her husband. Sang-hwa was getting bitten everywhere, and she tried to block out his voice but it was too much. He fought until he couldn't anymore. His will and love for his wife and unborn child were so strong that even in his turning state he kept fighting still.

     Then they finally pried the door open, and Dabin tried to push everybody else inside. But Yong-guk grabbed her arm and pulled her alongside before she could get herself locked out. She thought everybody had made it through. But when she looked back, Dabin realized the old lady hadn't gone after them. She merely shook her head like she made her decision and the blood drained from her face when they finally reached her.

     "Oh my God," Dabin choked out, feeling her knees weakened. But Yong-guk held her in his arms, keeping her up from the ground. She'd just imagined herself in that position with Jin-hee and almost broke.