𝟬𝟴. live like legends

CHAPTER EIGHT
we buried alive something that never died

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

    𝐘oon Dabin didn't care about anything better in her mind because right now, all she wanted to do was get her hands on that man and wring his neck until he could no longer breathe. Yong-guk wasn't even leading anymore. Dabin was the one who marched ahead of him with so much purpose Yong-guk wouldn't like to be the one at the end of her endless wrath. 

     They shouldn't have touched the person she cared about the most. Now they were going to pay.

     Well, if those crazy zombie-like things haven't gotten to him━Dabin would gladly do the honor of ending his life. Apparently, by the time they caught up to the small train carriage, they found the cowardly man had already turned into one of them.

     Dabin was far too bitter that she simply left the man inside the train for her own satisfaction. Although she did think about driving her knife through his skull every time her eyes landed on him. Yong-guk was the only thing keeping her sane as the train moved further away from the station.

     Then she saw three familiar faces running through the tracks to get to the train they were on.

     "Yah!" Yong-guk almost looked relieved. He went to help them come up the train despite the horde and horde of those things running after them. "Dabin, help me help them!"

     She rushed forward, taking hold of Sung-gyeong, the pregnant lady's arm, and pulling her up beside her. Then it was the little girl and lastly Seok-woo. He almost fell off, which startled his daughter as she cried out for her dad. Thankfully, the younger two managed to haul him up the platform away from danger.

     Together, they watched the undead run after them on the train tracks. One of them got a hold of the railing, and they began to pile up like a bunch of hays as they jumped at each other. Then Dabin realized. The train was slowing down. Yong-guk pushed the girls behind him as he followed Seok-woo toward the back where the culprits were hanging on for dear life.

     The man climbed down the small ladder and Yong-guk grabbed his hand to keep him from falling while Seok-woo kicked the ones who were hanging onto the train railings. It was truly a nightmare. One of them suddenly jumped toward Seok-woo but he managed to dodge him easily which sent the guy flying onto the tracks.

     "Mister!" Yong-guk yelled. "Hurry!"

     Finally, Seok-woo did it and the horde was left behind. They went back to the front, walking carefully alongside the train. Yong-guk hurried forward, trying to reach Seok-woo before he opened the door to the control room. However, he already opened it and closed it just as fast when he saw the zombiefied guy sitting in the front seat.

    But then someone incredible happened, the cowardly guy stood up and unlocked the door.

     Dabin felt her eye twitch in disbelief. "What the hell?"

     "I thought he was one of them!" Yong-guk hissed.

    "Does this mean I could still kill him?"

    "Dabin."

     They all stepped back as the cowardly guy moved forward. He sure looked like one of them. Yet he still functioned like a human, at least for a while. Dabin doubted his immunity would last and at this point, she was just itching to stab her knife through his skull.