𝟬𝟮. stranger danger

CHAPTER TWO
you're hiding something from me

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

     𝐓he Omok bridge in Mok-dong was just around the corner when Dabin decided to go on foot and leave her motorcycle in an alleyway. She threw a random tarp over it before venturing out on the dark empty streets of Seoul. Her hands hovered above her weapons hidden underneath her jacket, constantly looking out for any sign of suspicious movements. The silence made everything feel a lot more eerie and dangerous.

     It was dark but Dabin knew exactly where the girls would be. They were inside the black car that Yong-guk had found a few months ago, parked alongside the tunnel where the truck was left. Unfortunately, Jooni, the fourteen-year-old already knew how to drive. (Dabin only had one person to blame for that. Min Yong-guk).

     The girls didn't seem to notice her creep up on the side of the vehicle until she decided to knock on the windows. Jooni and Yujin almost immediately turned their heads at the same time to look in her direction. Their faces paled. Dabin calmly gestured to lower the windows with her finger and Jooni quickly followed.

     "...Eonnie." Jooni gulped ever so slightly. "What are you doing here?"

     Dabin stared at them. "I should be the one asking you that."

    Jooni cleared her throat, briefly glancing to the other side where she could see the new group who was trying to find the truck with the money just outside the tunnel. Dabin followed the younger girl's gaze, furrowing her brows when she realized there was someone else down there with weapons.

     "Girls..." Dabin took a deep sigh, being as quiet as she could to not be noticed by those people. Yujin looked at her with big pleading eyes from the passenger seat next to the driver. "You know we have to go back, right?"

     "Eonnie, please," Jooni said, making the same face that her younger sister had. "Just a little longer?"

     Dabin pursed her lips, debating for a moment. "You do know they're just going to get themselves killed right away?"

     Either way, the girls managed to convince her to stay around a little longer. But the longer they did, the more Dabin began to regret it. She hid in the darkness with a hat over her head, and this time, she held a K14 sniper rifle in her arms that she got from the backseat of the car. Silently blending in with the shadows as she watched the scene before her go from neutral to completely fucked.

     Somehow, the new group managed to alert half of the city's infected to come running to their location. Dabin cursed under her breath, hearing the rattling of the backdoors behind her and every building in the area packed with those things. She crept out of her hiding spot, trying her best to avoid confrontation but it only lasted for so long.

     Half of them weren't so lucky. One guy managed to get in the back of the truck as the infected gathered around it. The other one with the rifle ran the opposite way. For a second, Dabin hesitated. He seemed to know what he was doing anyway. But then a bunch of infected managed to break through the makeshift barricade of two large vehicles and sprinted toward him with the intent to devour him. That's all they'd ever known to do.

     Dabin almost rolled her eyes when she saw that his rifle was out of bullets. She shook her head, going around her motorcycle and perching her arm on top of the seat with the sniper in her hands. She aimed, pulled the trigger, and the infected dropped to the ground next to the perplexed guy. 

    Thankfully, the suppressor on the weapon made the shot less noticeable. But the guy turned his head and made eye contact with her. Dabin hid her surprise as she raised her head. Before another one could get to him, a black car sped in front of him and crashed into the infected. The body flew away but it wasn't quite dead as its head was completely intact.