The Medic

Sorry I haven't wrote in a few days I've been really busy y'all but I'm back at it again!!

(3rd person POV)

Scout and the sniper walked into the base where there was a ton of yelling. Sniper didn't seem to phased but Jeremy was concerned. They both went to the direction of where the noise was and there was a man wearing a helmet over his eyes yelling at another man who had a eye patch on over a game of Uno.

"This is normal don't worry mate. They constantly play Uno and always end up screaming over it." Sniper assured the smaller man as he crossed his arms and watched them argue. Scout shook his head and went off to find Engineer, Sniper this time didn't follow. As Scout knew he'd be, he was in the workshop working on some weird tripod thing.

"Heya Engie! Where's Pyro?" The young man asked looking around the room for them to pop out of nowhere. "Oh the fellas just grabbing me some stuff from Medic, how'd things go with the Aussie?" Jeremy smiled and just as he was about to respond there was a yell from the main room. It was Ms. Pauling calling for the team. "Welp let's get goin'." Engineer said as he grabbed his toolkit and walked out. The small man followed closely behind him into the living room.

"Alright hello everyone so the announcer has said you have the day off tomorrow but only because you guys have to help train your new teammate for this job. You guys will start off here and help him choose his weapons and what to do against specific classes. Got it?" Ms. Pauling explained to all of them. Scout started to get really excited. Especially since he'd get more of a chance to meet the rest of the team.

Everyone agreed to what she said and once she left a masked man stepped forward once where she was standing. "Well men I know you might not be excited for a day of working but we should take this as an opportunity to make sure that this scout won't quit." The man said with a pretty thick French accent. Scout looked confused. How many more scouts had quit before him? Well no matter how many he promised himself he wasn't leaving.

"Vell if he is going to start his training tomorrow I should probably do zhat one surgery on him so ve don't accidentally fully kill him!" A German man said. Jeremy's eyes widened shock. "EXCUSE ME WHAT?!" He yelled actually terrified. Yes, he new he'd face near death daily but he never agreed to surgery.

"Don't worry fella we've all had it. It's just a little mechanic attatched to your heart that if you die it'll respawn you back here at the base at the end of the round." Engie explained to the kid seeming extremely calm about a machine being put into Scouts body. Jeremy was mentally screaming actually horrified for my life but he pretended like he was perfectly fine with that.

"Vell come on!" The German said walking away from the rest of the group. Scout followed closely behind freaking out in his head. They walked down a hallway with a sign that said 'Medbay'. The both of them walked into the large room a dove flying around and landing on top of a small fridge. "Lay down on zhe medical bed and I'll get right to vork" Medic said while grabbing a small table with tools onto it and rolling it next to the medical bed. Scout reluctantly listened to him and layed down it. The taller man grabbed a needle already filled with anesthetic. The small man closed his eyes for he had a tiny fear of needles. The medic inserted the needle into the young man and after a few minutes got to work

(Time skip to after the surgery cus I'm lazy)

Scout woke up to an empty room. Well, except for the dove still being there except now covered in blood. "Uhhh. I don't think that's normal." Jeremy muttered to himself extremely concerned by the blood covered bird. All of a sudden he felt this pain in his chest right where his heart was. He gripped the front of his shirt and sharply inhaled. "Oh fuck that hurts.." The man mumbled quietly. He looked down at his chest and saw a red glowing light that was beating in the rhythm of his heartbeat. All of a sudden the doors to the room opened and Medic walked in.

"Ah you're avake. By zhe vay that pain should go avay in five minutes. Don't vorry it's normal to feel that annoying pain." Medic said while putting his gloves back on. Scout slowly turned his head to look at the other man with a shocked and very painful look on his face. "This." He paused. "Is normal?" Jeremy managed to mutter out. "Vhy yes just try to ignore it." The doctor reassured the kid. Scout nodded in response and let go of his shirt trying extremely hard to ignore the excruciating pain.

"You'll feel much more pain on zhe battlefield I can tell you zhat much." The German said to Jeremy. He tmwas trying to making him feel better about it but failing. Scout nodded again not having anything to say back. After just a moment of silence the pain stopped and Scout sighed out a breath of relief. The kid got off the table and walked out. "I'mma head to my room but thanks for that doc." Jeremy said while walking past the taller man. "Alright I'll see you Scout!" The man said while smiling.

☆~I'm back from horrible writers block holy crap. I don't like this chapter a ton but you know what it's fine and it's not short so you know. Hope y'all liked this and I'mma try to sneak the ships into the next chapter!~☆