Chapter Three

Mercy

🦋

Five Months Later.

I pulled back the arrow on my bow and released it hitting the Rouge in the back. I looked around from my spot in the tree for anyone struggling in the fight.

Mitch was holding his own against one, but another wanted to play dirty, sneaking up behind him. Within a second my arrow hit between his eyes causing the other Rouge to growl at the body of his Friend dropping to the ground lifeless.

As he became irate and unfocused, Mitch was able to lock his jaws around his throat effectively ripping it out. I smiled in satisfaction as he nodded his head thanking me. He didn't look to me only because he didn't know where I was. I never stayed in one spot for too long.

With that being said, using the branches I jumped from tree to tree away from my previous spot. This one isn't as convenient to pull an arrow back, but with the trouble Billy was in, it would have to work.

He was going fist to fist holding his own against three males. They were all different sizes. Billy being the second biggest worried me so I did what I do best. Released an arrow into the biggest Rouge's thigh. He fell to the ground screaming out from the silver tipped arrow embedded into his now bleeding thigh.

The third biggest didn't stop fighting to check on his Friend. He knew the chances of him dying were high if he did. The smallest one however pulled back and rushed to the big guys side. His mistake. The empathy he had for his Friend costed him his life. His body dropped with a soft thud, dead before his head with my arrow sticking out of his ear even hit the ground.

The big man looked around panicked looking for something. Someone. Me. His eyes landed on mine and my arrow landed into one of his. It's kind of poetic. I smiled once again as Billy snapped the neck of the Rouge.

"I didn't need your help." He snapped through the Pack's link.
"You didn't, but it was fun watching them go down."

I heard him chuckle before running off to help Marina that was getting cat scratched by two females. I wanted to laugh, but now wasn't the time. We can joke about it later.

I began hopping through the trees once more before stopping. Something broke inside of me. A bond to one of my Pack Mate's. A close Pack Mate.

I looked down and watched as Chuck's neck was snapped by the biggest man I had ever seen in my life. I held back the tears as I released arrow after arrow into the mans chest. Discarding my bow on the branch, I pulled my knifes out of my boots before jumping down and rushing the now staggering Rouge.

I screamed as I cut and slashed his body until my knife glided effortlessly across his throat. I scanned the area watching as the Rouge's dropped like flies by our warriors before turning and looking to Chuck's dead body.

A sob left my lips as the knives were dropped to the leafy forest floor and I stumbled to his corps. Falling to my knees I placed his broken and beaten head into my lap. It hurts. It hurts seeing him like this. I cried as my body laid over top of his until a hand landed on my shoulder.

I looked into the teary eyes of Marina. Shock filled her face at the realization that it was Chuck. Our Chuck. Our Best Friend. She dropped down next to me and pulled me into a hug.

"All of this could have been avoided." Billy growled angrily.

We just ignored him already knowing he was right. It could have been avoided, but it wasn't. Our Alpha as neglectful as always is the fault for this. Due to his irresponsibility and negligence, the Rouge's have found out just how weak the Pack is. This is the third time this week that we have been attacked and the tenth warrior we lost. It's only Thursday..