Chapter Sixty Three

Mercy

🦋

When his lips crashed against mine it was like I was in Heaven. He pulled back looking into my eyes as he was was having an internal battle. I placed my hand on his cheek and spoke softly catching his attention.

"Are you okay?"
"I'm fine." He smiled while pulling away slowly and sitting up.

I was confused on what was happening until his words from earlier entered my head. He was trying to forgive me still. Maybe he though if we continued he wouldn't help but to go farther.

"Would you mind if I took a shower?" He asked looking over his shoulder at me.
"Of course. Go right ahead."

He nodded, then got up and disappeared into the bathroom. I sighed while turning the lamp off and rolling over. It's probably best I just go to sleep so he isn't tempted to do anything. Do I mind that he doesn't want to do anything sexual with me? No. I get it. He has his own personal things to work on. How could I be mad at that?

I closed my eyes while focusing on the space in the back of my mind where Beaut laid on her soft bed. She was wide awake ready to play.

She quickly jumped from my mind pulling me into my empty head space and the whole area went from white to dark. Her shadows plaid in my mind taunting me. Like I said, she was wanting to play. She hasn't been in the front in awhile, but right now isn't the best of times.

The images she showed me didn't leave me shaking or hurt. They were just memories that I need to come to terms with. The darkest shadow that was her personally was a figure choking another.

I knew what she was trying to do so I just ignored it. I found the beauty in it anyways. How could I turn something so dark like this into something beautiful?

Two being apart for so long. She's broke. He's lost. His touch reminds her that even at his mercy she is alive. His hold on her is what keeps him grounded. Together they are no longer two beings, but connected into one. They are the unseen soul that two lovers share. Together they are one. They will always be one.

She hissed before retreating back into my mind and falling asleep peacefully on her bed. Sometimes I wonder why she still taunts me with these images even when there is so much trust. She knows she doesn't need to fight me for control just like I don't have to fight to get it back.

Maybe she does it still because its the only way she knows how to help me move past the darker things in life. She isn't taunting me. She is showing me that not everything bad has to stay bad. Does that make sense? She makes me cope and erase that negative feeling from the past and replace it with something else. Something finer and beautiful.

When I opened my eyes I jumped. Bash was standing at the foot of the bed looking at me cautiously.

"You scared me."
"Likewise. Are you okay?" He asked.
"Why wouldn't I be?"
"I felt it. Your dark sides energy. It is stronger than it was before. I could practically taste the bitterness in the air." He replied slowly walking to lay down next to me.

I smiled while nodding.

"We lost our Wolves therefore our dark sides got stronger. Beaut is just energetic tonight."
"Should I be worried?" He asked in a joking manner.
"No, she is resting now."

I smiled at him one last time before he began laying down. We laid facing one another and even in the darkness I could see his need to reach out and kiss me.

"Bash?"
"Yes?" He whispered back.
"Do you think this is a good idea?"
"What?" He wondered.
"Sleeping in the same bed. I don't want you to feel tempted if that's something you are struggling with."