Chapter Forty Two

Mercy

🦋

I wanted to cry out and yell at the Goddess for doing this to me, but I couldn't. I couldn't let my Brother, Alpha, and Beta die. They had someone back at Finn's Coven that needed them to come home. I wasn't going to let nothing happen to them. I needed to focus. I could cry and mourn him later if he was dead. Just saying that in my head had tears spring to my eyes.

I looked for the Alpha among the warriors. Finn was right. There weren't many left. This should be easy. Finn appears next to me and I let out a shaky breath shaking my head. Apart of me was still in denial and had hope that my Lover was okay.

"I don't see him."
"I know." He replied softly listening to me choke.

He placed his hand on my shoulder, but I couldn't even feel it. I was numb.

"They all knew and didn't tell me."
"Yes. We haven't found a body yet so we're not sure." He answered.
"Why?"
"So that you wouldn't be to upset to carry out this mission." He answered.

I looked to him with disgust. How could they?!

"So they lied to me and used my hope for my Mate being alive to get me to do this for them?"
"Yes and again his body hasn't been found." He said looking back to McWay's warriors.

His words didn't ease my mind and breaking heart. I knew he was just trying to make me feel better.

"I would have done it regardless."
"I know." He whispered.

He wasn't being short with me, but he couldn't look at me. I could smell the pity and guilt rolling off him. Realization dawned on me.

"That's what you were going to tell me."
"I was, but your Mother made it clear she didn't want you to know. Your Brother's Mate challenged her decision and told her that she would tell you once she seen you so your Mother kept her away from you." He said, then changed the subject to point to McWay.

I couldn't believe it. My own Mother lied to me. They all did. Hope knew and I knew she was lying. Why is it that Ashley and Finn were the only two that believed I should have known? Like I told him, I would have still done this regardless, but they chose to lie to me.

The worst part is, my own Mother LIED and told me that he was alive and well. They knew I had to be the one to save them because who else had my skills? All of our people were dead. I am the last archer and warrior this Pack has besides Ashley and I'm sure she is pregnant by now considering Billy and her had plenty of time to make a baby.

A baby. I'll never have that, will I?.. I'll never see Bash as a Father. I choked out a sob as I raised my head to look to McWay. Something dark inside of me was beginning to stir. Beaut to be exact. She was angry beyond repair. She wanted blood. His blood for taking what was ours.

I had never felt this much darkness try to consume me as my chest heaved up and down. I raised my bow and reached for my arrow. While looking to Finn. McWay was talking to James so I knew I had time to say what I needed to say.

"When he is dead, I'm leaving."

He nodded his head as I looked back to shoot my arrow into his head. My eyes widened as he moved unexpectedly and went for the kill. My whole body sagged as my bow and arrow hit the ground. Finn pulled me to his chest to stop me from falling, then clamped his hand over my mouth to silence my scream.

Billy fell to the ground clutching his throat as blood poured all over the ground. I couldn't hold it back no more. One second I was in Finn's arms and the next I was standing under the tree.