Chapter Fifty One

Mercy

🦋

We were finally back at the Coven and to say I was beyond excited now was an understatement, but I still couldn't get the nerves to go away. I tried reassuring myself that he will love me no matter what, but what if he doesn't love me enough?

That's silly, right? Bash not loving me enough? That would be an insane assumption. This is the same man that didn't tell me we were Mates and allowed me to form feelings for him naturally. The same man that makes the whole world disappear when he holds me. He is the one that makes my worries disappear.

So, why am I worried? What does it matter if I'm a Vampire now? We'll still have a happily ever after.. except when he is old and grey i'll still be young.

I just shook off those thoughts. I didn't want to worry about the sad truth in the future when my future is-

Where is my future? I turned to Ty as we walked into the Coven's main house. It was pretty late at night so I tried my best to be quiet.

"Where is he?"
"I'm not too sure, but I'm sure someone will come find you to let you know." He replied quietly.

I just nodded and continued on up the stairs. First order of business, a steaming hot shower, then I need to feed. The last thing I want to do is almost hurt him like I did with my Mother.

My Mother. I wonder if it will be uncomfortable for me when I see her again. I won't lie and say I've forgiven her for what she did, but at the same time I am not mad at her or Hope. They were desperate and the future of our Pack was at stake. They did what they thought was right to protect our Alpha and Beta.

That doesn't make it hurt less. I would have understood even more had they just been honest. They should have given me the benefit of the doubt, but then again when it comes to Mates.. It's hard for any one to get news like that about their Mate and continue on being strong.

I closed my new bedroom door behind me and went straight to the bathroom. I stripped down immediately after turning the water temperature to the hottest I could get it. I nearly cried when the steaming water cascaded down my back and down my body.

I must have stood there for minutes just soaking in the fact that I was not only back, but so was Bash. He was alive. I knew he was. Everyone was so quick to lose their faith, but not me. I know my stubborn Mate like the back of my hand.

He is a survivor. His past up until this very point in time has proved it. Why were they so quick to give up on him? He is stronger than they think. A skilled warrior meant for battle and strength of many warriors combined. Okay, maybe not that strong, but you get the idea!

I made sure to scrub the dirt from my hair and under my nails, then shaved everything I could. I wanted to be ready for anything because knowing my Mate, he will try to get me into bed the second he sees me.

Once I was squeaky clean, I turned the water off, then climbed out while wrapping a towel around me. I honestly missed my toothbrush more than the shower. I looked at the toilet behind me in the mirror while brushing my teeth, then slowly turned around.

While brushing my teeth I just couldn't understand how something I used on a day to day basis would no longer be needed. It was so mind boggling to me that Vampires don't use the bathroom, but then again our appetites are just blood. There is nothing going into our body that needs to come back out. So weird!

I finished up in the bathroom, then brushed my hair on the way to my closet. I decided on a cute black sun dress and black sandals. I wanted to look beautiful for him. I wanted him to look at me and his jaw drop. This is the first time I would see him in how long? What like a week or longer? That's too damn long for us to be apart.