Chapter #1

Hey guys this is my first book :) hope you enjoy it!

now lets get to the story!!!

------------------------------------------------

You know that moment when the sun is setting. When the sun peaks through the leaves leaving patterns on the grass. When everything is calm, and you hear the birds chirping. Your cold yet warm at the same time. I enjoy that moment. When the sun dies and the moon rises. You get this feeling of panic, you feel cold. You feel like something is nipping at your heels and tickling your back. Then everything goes silent, everything, no crickets, toads, or foxes make a sound. You get a shiver through your body..."SNAP"

-----------------------------------

My name is Laural, I am a horse shifter. As all you might know horse shifters have their own powers. Some can heal, turn invisible, etc. The thing with me is I have two horses.

weird right?

Their names are Annah and Hazel. Annah is a white horse with light brown eyes while Hazel is a blue roan with dark blue eyes. Annah comes with lots of powers I don't know why... Hazel on the other hand is a regular horse just with crazy speed and strength.

I have dark brown eyes,wavy/long dark brown hair, and olive skin.

---------------------------------

"SNAP" I ran hearing my hooves thump against the hard yet plush ground. Then I hear snarles and barks. I could tell they were eager to get me, so they started to increase speed.

"Really Laural!" yelled Hazel

"What?!" I protested almost tripping over a tree root. Shaking my head to get rid of anger.

"You just had to be Annah" she said mockingly

"Why does it matter!?" I asked confused dodging a thorny bush, yet it still cut me, I snorted in frustration.

"Well for starters it's dark out and Annah is white" she said in protest

"well that's very offenc-" I said but I was cut off.

"none taken" Annah said calmly.

I leaped over a fallen tree, but the rouges kept gaining on me.

"Cut the chit chat ladies do we wanna die or not?" said Hazel

I rolled my eyes in my mind

I looked behind me they were showing their teeth, I sensed they were excited about this chase. There wasn't many of them through...only three

I looked ahead with the wind in my face. Clearing my vision before I saw...

"Oh crap, we are gonna-" Hazel was cut off

"We will be fine!" Annah protested

I gained speed.

There was a whole row of rouges blocking my path. Panicked I leaped over them, some of then tried to bite me.

My front left ankle hit a big rock really hard when I was landing And I tripped thinking I would land on the hard ground being surrounded by rouges and getting eaten alive.

I kept falling...

what the?...

"SPLASH"

I panicked, I quickly struggle to the surface gasping for air. Feeling the current pushing me.

"well doesn't that wake you up" hazel said sarcastically

really Hazel? now is not the time...

struggling to keep my head up I look around for shore. Then I finally spotted shore that I could reach.

If I get the timing right...

I struggle through the ice cold water. I quickly crawl on the shore and plop down, I let out a light nicker. Realizing, a huge pain shot through the lower part of my left leg...

-----------------------------------

Thanks for reading my first chapter!!! :) I hoped you enjoyed it! vote and comment if you did :)

ill update asap!

Talk to you later ~lfeldi