Chapter #4

Ready for the 'new' story...? I hope u guys like it :) (get you emotional/sad music out) I added some at the top(start it at the sad part ;)

------------------------------

Unknown:

"Peter!" I woke to my older sister shaking my arm.

"W-what's wrong?" I asked concerned

"Rouges" she said in a serious tone. I swung myself out of bed. Rouges again?

I ran down the wooden stairs of our cottage and flung the front door open. I look around...nothing it just looked like a peaceful morning. "Peter!" and before I knew it my sister jumps out in front of me and a rouge flew by snatching my sister. I quickly run outside to see my sister being whipped around in the rouges mouth and thrown to the ground. Layla (my sister) silently screamed in pain as she rolled over. I could feel my anger burning as I watched the rouge circling Layla and snarling planning it's next move. I shift and feel bigger, stronger, and brave. My eyes locked on the rouge and I charged it. I jumped over my sister and knocked the rouge over. The rouge quickly got up and shook the grass and dirt off and growled. We were locked in a stare down and walking in a circle. He snarled while I snorted. He lunged forward as I spun around and kicked him as hard as I could. I heard a 'crack' and a thud, I killed him. I rushed over to my sister, but I looked beyond her and saw rouges ripping horses apart. They were winning? I laid down next to my sister so she could get herself onto my back. She struggled climbing on, she was in so much pain. She breathed heavily as she made her final attempt to get on. I turned my neck and gave her a light shove so she could get on. She patted my neck to assure me that she was on. As I was getting up I saw some rouges running towards us, I stat to gallop into the woods. Once I entered the woods the rouges stopped chasing. Once I was far enough away I laid back down and Layla rolled off. Her breathing sounded off and she started to cough up blood. I shifted back and saw all of her wounds. Where the rouge pierced her skin, it was bleeding. She was going to die. I fell to my knees beside her. She grabbed my hand. "Look at me" she said in a very faint voice I looked at her with my eyes watering. "Your horse is different" I looked at her shocked and confused "what?"

"Dexter isn't a grey quarter horse anymore, he's a black friesain" she said while tears filled her eyes. "No, no i'm not...it can't be-" I started "Your strong enough" she chocked "Promise me you will be" she whispered as she tightened her grip on my hand. "I-I promise" I chocked letting a tear fall. She gave me a light smile. The cold air blew causing my eyes to sting from the cold. Then I saw something white land on her hand and melt. It lightly started to snow. I looked up letting the snow fall on my face. I looked down the light in Layla's eyes were gone. "No..." I sobbed placing my other hand around our grip. I kissed her hand and placed my forehead on our grip.

That night I started to dig a grave for her thinking she could of had a better life how she could of had a family of her own. It took a while for me to dig the grave not just because I was digging it with my hands, I would start to cry every minute.

*******************************************

I sat in the cold knees to my chest starring at my sisters grave as the snow kept falling almost making the ground white. My nose and eyes were still runny and wet. I sniffled and looked up..."Why?" I whispered, that's all I could say why did she have to die she was the only one left that I loved, why did I have to become one of them, and loose Dexter...I lost everything.

That morning I keeled down by my sisters grave and said my last good bye. I flipped my hood on my head slightly over my eyes from my brown cloak, and headed off. I didn't know where I was going, I didn't really care at this point, for my heart aced from the loss and emptiness....

-----------------------------------------------------

Hope you liked it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

please comment and vote if u did like it :) it tells me i'm doing a good job.

have an amazing morning/evening

~lfeldi