Chapter 1

"Dad..." called Bree Alexa Lawson."Dad!"
    "Here, honey!" Cedric Lawson called. Bree followed the voice down three stories, into the basement. More like a lab, really.

Bree spotted Cedric surrounded by millions of dollars of highly advanced technology, and tried to advert her eyes from the monotonous beeping and rapid blinking to face her father. 

"Whatcha working o-" Bree started, fiddling with metal near her. 

"-No questions Bree, it's top secret. Sorry, honey, you know.. the law..-" Cedric interuppted rambling on. Bree didn't mind though.. she never really cared for her dad's work. She hated it, in fact. It took her dad away from her, and he mattered even more to her now, especially since she didn't even have her mom to talk to anymore. 

Bree felt her phone vibrate. "Dad, Lisha's here to pick me up for school," Bree waved.

"Alright, honey! See you later!" Cedric absentmindedly responded. "Have a good day!"

Bree ran back up the stairs, past the movie theater, and kitchen, to her bedroom. She grabbed her backpack, and stared out the window into the ocean. 

She couldn't help but think how lucky she was to live on the beach.  She smiled as she headed downstairs and out the door. 

   Meanwhile, Cedric was working on a extra special creation for his job. He worked for a private company in the army. The army needed a handful of robots, boys and girls, that talked, looked, moved and functioned almost exactly like humans to spy on enemies and report to U.S. army officials.

 Cedric was working on building a boy robot first.

"Well, to make you human-like, we got to give you human features," Cedric commented as he added tan skin, toned body, very dark brown hair, and a handsome face- sharp jawline, chiseled cheekbones, beautiful blueish-green eyes, well shaped eyebrows, and a cute mouth with dimples. 

"And to make you even more human-like, you gotta think human!" Cedric exclaimed as he inserted a  microchip for the brain, which helped the robot with proper speech and allowed him to  hear, feel, smell, and taste. It allowed many other human factors as well. 

"Finally, to make you really human-like, you must feel human. We obviously ought to allow you to feel happy, but it has to be balanced with sadness. Anger and fear, as well as suprise and excited are important feelings. And what's a human without being able to feel hungry? I mean, look at me, I'm hungry most of the time, and I'm as human as you'll ever get!" Cedric laughed as added feelings he thought were necessary for survival.