Chapter 5: Imaginary

Everything went dark but there was a light.

The only thing Mei could remember was warmth. The warmth that came from both her and Kiana. Feeling a sense of bliss with each other, like the "memory" she had before arriving at the space of origin to become the herrscher of origin. She then slowly but surely opened her eyes, but she wasn't in the throne room anymore. It looked like the place with the imaginary tree but it was a normal tree with the sky clearer and showing the stars, galaxies, and a beautiful show of shooting stars.

"Woah! It is so beautiful." Mei said, walking towards the tree. Well not walking it is more like floating. It was like being in space, where gravity is non-existent. She decided to float higher, then higher, and higher until the ground wasn't visible. While she was floating she kept looking up at the sky, with all the love she had.

All of a sudden, a gust of wind blows through Mei. The wind carried flower petals, the same type of flower petals Kiana has. She smiled, brought out her arms, and said "Kiana-chan, I know you're here." Seconds later, she squeezed a tight squeeze then realized it was a hug coming from the girl she loved the most.

"I knew it."

"Mei-senpai can always tell whenever I am here." Kiana said, still hugging Mei and looking at her.

"How can't I? Your presence will always be all over the room." Mei said happily.

"Hehe". Kiana smiled like fate didn't tether her to the moon.

They stood there looking at each other like they haven't seen each other in years. Kiana eyes like the light blue sky and Mei eyes like the violet sunset. Even in that bliss moment, they knew it wouldn't last.

"So what was it you wanted to talk about?" Mei asked to break the ice. Kiana still looking at Mei with hesitant looked.
"I-" Kiana paused..."I wanted to be with you for the last moments. I know that I'm still conscious but it is slowly fading away" as she explained.  "And honestly I don't want to leave  everyone. Even Mei-senpai" tears start to fall.

"I-i...i...WANT TO GO HOME!!!"

As she cried, the sky was turning dimmer and dimmer. It was like a storm was approaching but there were no clouds but the many stars shining were tiny specks of light. Tiny specks of light that start to fall very faintly. Kiana keeps crying, still holding Mei's arms tight, pulling her closer and forehead on her chest. Like the universe was threatening to pull them apart.

"I didn't want to do this, I really didn't but...hah...ahhh..." she couldn't finish the sentence.

"I–" "Shh, it's okay." Mei said as she hugged Kiana closer to her.

"I know you didn't want to...and when you said that... I was second guessing myself" Mei said. "But the words you told me back before you sealed the Honkai."

Mei-senpai, it will be okay. I'm grateful for everyone, Bronya and especially you. I know what you have done for me and I'm grateful."

"Look it I don't make it out just know that this is not a goodbye but see you later."

"Mei-senpai '' she then felt tears falling on her head. She looked up to Mei, whose eyes were a little pink but her iris was saddened. She admitaly unhandled her grip that was on her arms and put them on her face.

Were both people forced to be separated from the ones we love.

But I don't want to be separated! I WANT TO BE WITH MEI-SENPAI!!!!

How can I be with Mei-senpai when I'm up here? On the moon.

It's not like I can make a little clone of myself with parts of my memories? Or at least look like me? Or a fraction of me?