Chapter 5: Kaldur

Aqualad was too deep to hear the scream, led alone help.

He was wandering through a maze of corridors made of rock, and with no scanner and reports from Robin, he was completely lost.

His only source of light was his water swords, which produced an eerie blue haze. As he moved around blindly he became less and less hopeful, until he finally came to large cave with a pool of water inside.

He couldn't help but smile, Finally, a way out! He prepared to dive right before he realized that the pool was only a foot or so deep, making it more of a giant puddle.

He sighed and turned to try and find another way out before he heard a familiar voice call out,

"Kaldur... Kaldur-am..." He turned frantically to see Tula, standing in the water, with mist surrounding her,

"Kaldur..." She whispered again, he smiled but it soon turned into a suspicious look,

"Tula? What are you doing here? You should be down in Atlantis." She inched closer, very seductively.

"I came all this way to see you... I don't want him any more... I want you..." He looked taken back,

"Garth? But-" She shushed him,

"Just come into the water and we can be together... We can run away together... No one can ever come between us again..."

He seemed in a daze, as her words sounded like a sweet lullaby singing him to sleep.

"But Tula, I have... responsibilities here... a team..." He sounded more like he was trying to convince himself to stay then Tula.

She leaned over the water's edge and began to sing, Kaldur's eyes swirled into a blue mist as the spell took over,

"You have nothing to worry about my dear, everything will be taken care of..." She reached out to kiss him and he leaned as well,

Suddenly he blinked and his eyes were back to normal,

"Nice try, sea witch."

She seemed shocked for only a second before Kaldur kicked her in the stomach, sending her sprawling back into the water.

In a matter of moments she had turned from beautiful Tula into a withering beast. Her teeth turned to fangs, her skin turned a dark blue that slimed up immediately, and ugly fish eyes popped out while she sprouted fins.

She hissed then launched herself at him but he simply stepped back and she slammed into an invisible wall that lined up with the waters edge.

"A siren, and one who is cursed as well."

She hissed at him again swimming around in the water with only her head above it, it seemed the pool was only shallow to everyone else seeing as how she simply slid through the bottom.

"I don't doubt you deserve to be stuck their, getting only rare meals, however you do seem rather desperate." He tossed in a piece of what seemed like food from his pocket and she quickly devoured it.

She blinked her large eyes at him then disappeared beneath the water and then the bottom of the pool.

Kaldur sighed then continued his journey