The Sept

301 AC

The young king Aegon stood in the sept in the Stormsend, clothed in the colours of his house with a sword at his side. He bowed before the altar of the Maiden at first, from which he asked for love and kindness, then of the Mother, which he begged for mercy, peace and children, then he came before the Father, of whom he asked justice, from the Crone, he pleaded for wisdom and foresight, the Warrior for strength and courage, the Smith for the dilligence and perseverance in his mission and finally even to the Stranger he prayed for a good death. Before that he honoured the Old Gods as well.
The Septon stood before him and blessed him and the woman at his side. She was dressed in a red gown, her hair flowing down to her waist as a silver waterfall. She too, in the same manner as Aegon, prayed to all the Seven and also to the Old Gods.
The ceremony ended and they were now as one, man and women, husband and wife, king and queen by right of birth, but not yet crowned. This wedding was a little one, more humble and modest in the comparison to the weddings that occurred in the few previous years, but much less bloody. There were only those most intimate to Aegon and his sister Rhaenys. Now when they were married, there was hope that trough their alliance their house may be restored.

Now when many kings fell, Aegon and Rhaenys felt much safer, but that was a mere illusion. Many traps, foes and treachery lied before them. Many battles have to be fought to protect their own safety and lives and to gain their birthright back.

The chaos ruled all over the realm, Stannis marched to Winterfell. The wildlings before the gates to the North. North was ruled by those who knew no loyalty or honour, perhaps in that time the most hated house in all the Seven Kingdoms. Kingslanding was upside down and Lannisters fell there like flies, Joffrey, Tywin, it was just a matter of time when their house will fall apart. The wealthiest house started crumbling as well and as always there reigned anarchy on the Iron Islands. The Riverlands were also in the hands of traitors, the lady of the Vale committed suicide, so it was said, because of it her lands were now governed by their new protector, most likely the most despised man in Westeros, the regent of the young Robin Arryn.

Now merely four months after the reunion of the children of Rhaegar, they were married and they were no longer alone in the world. Not as their aunt Daenerys across the narrow sea. Rhaenys was well informed by her uncle, the prince Doran, of the situation in Dorne, and she together with Aegon had his support, although their marriage was no good message for him, because he wanted Aegon, after the death of Viserys Targaryen, to marry his daughter Arianne, but fortunately by this marriage no promises were broken, for nothing was actually arranged so it was a mere wish of the Prince of Dorne.

As to the overall situation of the Stormslands, neither Aegon, nor Rhaenys, proclaimed themselves as its lords and protectors. Although the seat of Storms lords was in their keeping, they made lord of Edric Storm, the bastard son of Robert Baratheon, who was not present at the ceremony. They were willing to make him a lord and a Baratheon, although his father killed theirs, they wished to end the conflict between their houses, because after all they were a family.

The Targaryens stayed in the Stormslands for behind their back they had support from Dorne, but before them lied the lands of their enemies. The Dragonstone, the ancient seat of House of the Dragon, could be reached only trough the lands which were owned by Lannisters, and those which supported them as well.

After the death of prince Oberyn Martell, whole Dorne was mourning the loss of the great warrior. Their grief had quickly transformed into wrath and they lusted for the blood of Lannisters more than ever. Even the serene prince Doran was filled with fury, but he was great in hiding his feelings and desires before the world. For years he was making plans of the greatest revenge in the history of Westeros, for the death of his beloved sister Elia, who was the mother of Aegon and Rhaenys. Those plans have not yet been announced to his family, so they think of him weak. But he shared them with his niece, princess Rhaenys who was now at the Stormsend. Those schemes were not of that kind that could be realised all at once, no this was a great conspiracy that would take years and years to be executed. In the end there will be no Lannisters. And none who could remember them. And the rains will weep o'er theirs hall, with no one there to hear. Yes the rains will weep o'er theirs hall, and not a soul to hear.

In the meanwhile Rhaenys with Aegon started gaining love of the people living in the Stormsend. Those lords who manage to stay in their homes, those who did not march with Stannis to the North, were terrified of his New God and his Lady Melisandre of Asshai, welcomed the Targaryens even more, for they did not want to burn them. Even the commoners of Stormlands started to like them, for they did not impose on them R'hllor, the strange and cruel foreign god.