The Valyrian pact

302 AC

After the death of Lord Monford Velaryon, who supported Stannis, his house switched sides and turned to the Iron Throne. Due to the lack of strength of House Lannister to whom then served his half brother, the bastard Aurane Waters, who got the title of Lord Admiral from the queen mother Cersei Lannister, there was a hope for restoration of the old alliance between the Valyrian Houses. So princess Rhaenys wrote to the new Grand Admiral and asked him for support of his House, for they are the last of Valyrians and their kin as well, and that it would be wise to continue in their ancient union and also in preserving of their nation and traditions of their ancestors. She had also added to the letter that she hopes that their families could be reunited as they were for centuries.

Few months after, as soon as the new fleet paid by the Crown was ready, Aurane Waters left the Kingslanding. It was just a while after the great madness caused by the High Sparrow began and no lord or lady could be sure of their security. Beside the arrested were already counted ser Loras Tyrell and his sister, the Queen, Margaery Tyrell, and the Queen Mother Cersei of house Lannister.So wisely, the course of the Velaryon bastard was set on the Stormsend.

When the flotilla of Aurane Waters arrived at the Stormsend, it was just four months after the beginning of that year, Aegon and Rhaenys already awaited them.

"We welcome our Lord Waters. Let me present to you my beloved wife and sister Rhaenys.
We offer our condolences for the loss of your brother, Lord Velaryon. He was a great man, and his legacy will long be remembered."

"Thank you, Your Grace. It is an honor to be received by the newlywed couple and to offer my condolences for the loss of the late Lord Velaryon. I assure you that we share a common goal of restoring the Targaryen dynasty to its rightful place on the Iron Throne. I am well aware of the prowess of King Aegon in the art of war, and I am confident that your marriage is a sign of great things to come."

"We thank you Lord Waters and we would be honored if you would join us in a feast tonight in honor of House Velaryon." Said Rhaenys.

" Your Grace, I accept with gratitude and look forward to the feast."

As the feast began, Aegon exclaimed. "Let us break bread and raise our glasses in a toast to the shared blood of House Targaryen and the valor of House Velaryon. May our Houses together bring a new era of prosperity and peace to the Seven Kingdoms under the rightful rule of the Dragon."
Aegon and Rhaenys were seated at the head of the long, ornate table in the great hall of Stormsend. The hall was decorated with banners bearing the sigils of House Targaryen and House Velaryon, and the air was filled with the aroma of roasted meats and spiced wines. Aegon was dressed a deep crimson doublet embroidered with the three-headed dragon in silver thread. His short silver hair proved his Valyrian heritage, and his violet eyes sparkled with merriment as he conversed with his friends. Rhaenys was equally resplendent in a flowing gown of shimmering blue silk, adorned with jewels that glittered in the candlelight. Her fair hair was braided with strands of pearls and she wore a necklace of rubies that matched the hue of her lips.

Their guest, Aurane Waters, arose to make a toast.
"May the fiery sigil of House Targaryen and the seahorse of House Velaryon stand united in victory, and may our Houses together restore the glory of the Seven Kingdoms under the rightful rule of the Dragon."

After that Aegon stood up.
"Grand Admiral Waters, it is an honor to have you here on this momentous day. Rhaenys and I would like to present to you our newborn son and heir, Prince Rhaegar." As he spoke a nursemaid placed in the arms of princess Rhaenys a babe of few months age. 
"He is named in honor of our father, and we pray that he will grow up to be as brave and wise as he was."

"We are pleased to share this joyous occasion with you, Lord Waters. " Spoke Rhaenys while she proudly held her son, who inherited the violet eyes of his parents.  "Our son is a symbol of hope and the future of House Targaryen, and we believe that he will one day sit upon the Iron Throne."

"Your Grace, I am honored to meet your son and heir, Prince Rhaegar. He is a fine young prince, and I can see the strength of his father and grandfather in him. "

"Thank you, Grand Admiral. It is our hope that he will one day lead our House to greatness, with the support of loyal Houses such as yours." Replied Aegon, while he observed his first born son, who calmly lied in arms of his wife.

"Our Houses share a common goal, Grand Admiral, and with your fleet at our side, we are one step closer to achieving it." Continued Rhaenys in the conversation.

"I pledge my loyalty and my fleet to House Targaryen, Your Grace. Together, we will sail the seas of the Seven Kingdoms and bring glory to our Houses. May Prince Rhaegar grow up to be a strong and just ruler, and may our Houses together restore the greatness of the Targaryen dynasty." So Aurane made the oath to the House of the Dragon for he saw its future in this little child who was the living prove, that House Targaryen is not dead and its days of glory are not all behind but it may continue forward as the legacy of Old Valyria.
"Thank you for the feast, Your Grace," he said. "It was an honor to celebrate House Velaryon with House Targaryen. I look forward to working with you in the future." With that, he exited the hall, his footsteps echoing on the stone floor.

Aegon and Rhaenys retired to their chambers, content in the knowledge that they had forged a powerful new alliance in their quest for the Iron Throne.