Chapter 4: Jay

Finally got rid of her. For once! I smiled to myself while watching her retreating figure.

"Jay. This is too much," Sahira said, shooting me a sad look.

"What do you want me to do? She annoys me!" I exclaimed.

"Is it really her? Really? It's you who keeps trying to get under her skin lately. It's you who's purposely getting on her nerves, man. We're not dumb. And now you're talking this to a whole new level. I'm not liking it," Sid said, shaking his head in utter disappointment.

"I'm only getting on her nerves because she's getting on mine first! Why don't you guys see that?" I said.

"Nah, Jay, this is literally so mean. You can't keep doing this! If you keep this up, me and Sahira won't be spending time with you anymore. We'd rather hang out with Radha," Sid shrugged.

What?!? Are you actually kidding me? Sid, my childhood friend, is siding with my enemy!

"Ohhh, I see how it is. One girl comes in and now you're forgetting you were my friend first. Now it's all my fault!" I bit out bitterly.

One look at Sahira's face, and I knew I played the wrong card. She looked so... dejected.

Sid clenched his teeth and his eyes widened in anger. "What the actual heck, Jay! Are you mad! Radha is my friend too. You're not the only one I care about here, ok? And you know I don't like her like that. What the hell is wrong with you today?" Sid's voice rose. He shot out of his seat along with Sahira.

"Come on Sahira, let's go check on Radha," Sid said, taking Sahira's hand. With that, the two of them left me at the table, all alone. They headed for the elevator, and Sid threw me a disgusted glance before entering the elevator with Sahira right behind him.

I squeezed my eyes shut and pressed my lips together, leaning back in my chair while running a hand through my hair.

Dammit. I messed up big time.