What Am I?

I woke up this morning to a sick feeling and a horrible headache. What's wrong with me I thought? I felt a wall move next to me, wait what?! Walls don't move! I turned around to find Peter sleeping peacefully. His eyes open and he says," staring is ru-" he was cut off when he looked into my eyes.
"What's wrong Peter?" I asked afraid of the answer.
"Y-your eye's are no longer green! They are blue," he whisper shouts. I shot out of bed and to the bathroom.

I screamed. This can't be happening!! I take my hair out of the clothe Peter put on my hair to keep it from knotting. My hair was no longer my bright red, it was a dark black brown colour.
"What's wrong with me," I whispered to myself as I fell to the ground onto my knees. I started to cry, pulling at my hair.
"Why?! Why is this happening to me!?" I screamed out loud to the silent air around me.

I felt as though I was going insane. This wasn't me. I'm not myself anymore. I got up off the floor and sprinted out of the house into the woods. I felt a horrible pain in my gums and my nails. A scream erupted from my mouth as my teeth grew sharp and nails grew to points. What am I? I started crying again, how could this happen to me?

Peter's POV

Time seemed to pass by me in slow motion this morning as rose jumped out of bed in such a hurry. Her beautiful forest green eyes were no longer and what was in place was an icey pair of blue eyes instead. Her red locks were not her regular red colour either but instead her hair was almost black. 'What has happened to my love' I thought as I got out of bed and quickly got dressed. The first thing g at task was to figure out where Rose ran off to. After tying my shoes, I ran out after her.

POV rose

When I awoke, I was near the edge of a stream with water so clear and clean, I could see the white sand underneath. I looked at my reflection and cried. The girl I'm so used to seeing in my reflection was gone, and stood a young girl with blue eyes and dark brown hair.
'This wasn't me,' I thought as I began crying. I smelt his familiar scent and I knew he was watching me.
"You can come out Peter," I yelled and he stepped out of the shadows.
"Rose, my love, your hair and eyes have changed. I dont know how it's possible considering only the hair and eyes of a wolf change when they hit a certain point in their lives. Most likely when their wolf inside awakens," He sighed, "we will see go to my mother and see what she has to say." He grabbed my hand and pulled me up.
"No matter what you look like my dear, you will always be beautiful to me." He said softly in my ear with so much sincerity that it almost made me overwhelmed with tears.
"You are so sweet to me Peter, I love you more then words can describe."

Walking back to the house was a strut and a half. How I ran this far in such short time beats me. I fear the worst of what his mother will say. Maybe that I'm dying from an unknown disease or something, I don't know. All I know is that this doesnt just happen to a normal person overnight.
Upon arrival, his mother, paige and derek ran out the front door in worry.
"My son, are you alright? You've been gone for so long," she hugged him. "Rose, dear you must be terrified right now, please hurry inside."
I wondered what she meant by terrified, like she knew what was happening to me.
"Please sit," she said as we entered then living room.
"Well, when a young wolf fails to have the proper environment growing up along other wolves and such, the inner wolf will bury itself to adapt to their new environment. So when you came here, met Peter, Derek and paige, it sparked your long buried wolf. Now this takes time to get used to as you've discovered. You're hair and eyes have changed, just like ours did when our wolf awakened for the first time. Peter's dark hair was a blinding blonde and his eyes were the deepest brown I've ever seen, but as his wolf awoke, his hair and eyes changed to what they are now." She sighed.
"What I'm saying Rose, is that you're a wolf, just like the rest of us..."
My eyes widened in shock and that's the last thing I remember before my mind fell back into the black abyss that I've been to so many times in the past few days.

A/N
wow it's been so freaking long since I've updated, a couple years to say the least. Anyways I hope you all enjoyed this long awaited chapter.