2: America Doesn't Suck When You're in an Anime

A/N: Reminder that the MC is from America: half Mexican American, and half whatever nationality YOU WANT!! Or she can be a full Mexican!! So please do NOT comment shit like "Actually I'm this", or "Um no. I am from that", or "Me who lives in this area". It gets SO annoying, and I'm so sorry to tell you that I do not give a fuck. If you don't like this, then you're more than welcome to drop this story!

And if I do see comments like these, I'll either mute you, or delete your comment.

Or both.

Depends on my mood.

♪───O(≧∇≦)O────♪

You jump in surprise, a yelp escaping involuntarily. You fumbled with your phone, trying to turn it off but you just sucked so much that you ended up dropping it instead. You hear a sad trumpet noise in your head while staring sadly at your fallen phone.

Zenitsu takes the initiative to pick it up, though he is a bit hesitant since it was an unknown object. He pushes the power button by chance, and cries when it turns on. He stretches out his arm to keep the foreign object at a distance.

"WAH! WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?!"

You go to take it back, but Tanjiro is faster and snatches the phone from the blonde. He holds it up to his face, mesmerized by the lock screen wallpaper.

"Woahhh! Look, Zenitsu!" Tanjiro coos with wide, fascinated eyes, "The sunset is stuck in this box!!"

"What? Let me see!"

Zenitsu looks over his new friends' shoulder, widening his eyes at the picture.

You sigh and shake your head. You walk around Tanjiro and pick the phone out of his hands. You raise a brow and put the phone away in your back pocket. You cross your arms and stare them both down.

"Don't you know it's rude to take things that aren't yours? You didn't even ask before you took it," You sigh playfully.

Tanjiro doesn't need to understand what you said, he has a pretty good idea from body language alone. He laughs nervously, mumbling out an apology.

Despite thinking history is actually pretty rad, it has to be one of your worst subjects. You actually had to retake History like two times during your Sophomore year, then you failed the class again in your third year during the first semester.

Yeah...

You aced in science and biology, though! So good for you!!

But anyway, you're thinking about this right now because you're trying to remember when cameras were introduced to Japan. Or what kind of technology is common in Japan right now. In any case, you hope you're not creating some paradox by bringing out your phone like that.

"[Y/n]."

Oh shit, you didn't realize you had zoned out. You smile at Tanjiro, letting him know that you're listening. Er, well, you'll attempt to understand him.

He holds his hand out to you, "Why don't you come with us for now?"

Tanjiro's plan was to take you to a Wisteria House, but now he's given a mission. He can't just abandon his mission, that would probably do more harm than good for at least the people who need his help. But he can't just leave you here, either.

He feels partially responsible for your safety considering that A: he's the one who found you. And B: you asked him for help, and he had already agreed to do so. He doesn't want you to feel abandoned, and he doubts you have anyone to go to. You wouldn't even be able to find anywhere to go for help, either.