8: Living is Hard, Being an Immigrant Can be Harder

A/N: Gentle reminder that the reader is half Mexican-American, and half whatever nationality YOU WANT! Or she can be a full beaner! That's cool too! So please do not type shit like "Me who can speak Cantonese" or "My Indian ass" because, respectfully, I will just delete your comment and/or block your ass. It's fine if you're sharing fun facts about it, but please have enough common sense to know if your comment will be annoying or not.

ANOTHER GENTLE REMINDER-That things won't always be the same! Take Chapter 5 for an example! That's about the happen again in this chapter, so be prepared! Why so many reminders? Because people need it sometimes which is completely fine!

Thank Ily (parasocial rizz)

♪───O(≧∇≦)O────♪

Just like all the brain-dead teenage dirtbags from your world, once the boys had a taste of your phone, they kept begging for more. Honestly, it's so sad they've gained an addiction to such technology so quickly, even if all they ever wanted to use it for was to listen to more music.

Jokes aside, you didn't actually mind their curiosity for it. You can't tell if they like your trash taste in music, or if the genre didn't matter to them since it's new and different. Either way, you'll admit that it stroked that ego of yours that they seemed to like all that was saved on your device.

After the third day, you were getting tired from being awoken from your nap just because one of them (Zenitsu and Inosuke because at least Tanjiro had the heart to wait until you woke up) wanted to listen to music. You decided to remove the passcode from your phone after that since you didn't really have anything to hide from them. Not only that, but you also added Japanese to one of the language settings they could change it to. Before you only had English and Spanish as the default options with English as the chosen language. It took some time (another three to four days), but you managed to teach them how to do it themselves. They're all such smart cookies and got the hang of it.

Anyway, it was cute to see them so amazed by the magical black box that you cherish so much.

It is weird though, that your battery is still the same as before at 86%. The time changes too, but you don't know if it's actually in tune with this world's time, or if it's just your phone's operation. You wish you were conveniently smart to know this crap.

In any case, you weren't about to fucking complain. The fuck? Why would you? If you can have this one good thing, you weren't about to take it for granted just because it didn't make sense. Sure, there might be some weird, suspicious, underlying reason why it's working the way it is, but that's for future [Y/n] to worry about!

Anyway, all things considered, it was a pretty good time! You always got your phone back in great condition as well, so it wasn't like they were untrustworthy with your belongings.

That was until... they found your gallery by accident one day.

Your memes...

Oh God, your MEMES!!!

You had different albums depending on the type of memes you had because you're so organized in the ways that do not matter. In all, you had about maybe over 2,000 photos altogether, and that's NOT including the TikToks you've also saved, which is a little over 200 videos on just that.

Yeah, no fucking wonder your phone lags a lot. Do you care? Not really.

Anyway, your memes are fucking glorious. Did Tanjiro, Inosuke, and Zenitsu share this opinion? Also not really.

Though to your surprise, Tanjiro seemed to really fuck with the reaction memes. Specifically, the sad cats who were balling their eyes out. That shit made you sob because he probably relates to it. You can't blame him either because that's literally him.