Lune: Autumn Passing

The presence of death was what first hit Lune. Then the stench, the reek of decay. The loss of a life. A passing.... Falling.... Autumn....

And in what seemed to be a blink, Lune was cradling a body. It was stiff and cold to the touch. A phantom touch fleeting around Lune. It took a moment but the woman's face finally registered in Lune's mind after a beat of silence. Their mother. It had been decades since Lune had last seen her face but they knew exactly who it belonged to. The woman's eyes were gouged out, flakes of blood at the edges of her eyes. Scarlet seeping and running down her face. Pitch black eye sockets gazed directly into Lune, boring into their soul.

Lune could do nothing but hold onto their mother in shell shocked silence, as a dark void invaded their mind. Whispering, screeching, howling. The world churned around them as they stayed still. Blood poured more and more off of Lune's mother's eyes. Dripping onto Lune's hands and traveling down their arms in an almost spider web like pattern.

The void seemed to laugh at them. Howling cut through the air, screams of delight and amusement. And above all else- the whispers. The whispers that seemed to overtake their dreams.

In a flash they awoke, the dream was nothing but a fading memory. That was until they glanced down at their hands. The pale blue they were used to seeing was now a dull orange. Lune's breath quickened as they twisted and turned, realizing that they changed. The soft hues of autumn now touching Lune. Thoughts racing through their mind at any possible implications that this could mean.

However in a blink, everything was how it was supposed to be. The coldness of winter embracing them as it always had. Lune reached up to rub their eyes and after a moment they glanced back around. Everything was the same as it always was meant to be.

With a small sigh they raked their fingers through their hair. Pulling it back they gave a small sigh. It must've just been their imagination. There was no way they had changed seasons. It was just grogginess from sleeping. Gods they detested sleeping. With a small groan they lifted themselves up and started getting prepared for the day ahead.