Companion

Within a few seconds, I'm already in front of the slingers, and both of them get a kick from me. They are now screaming in pain.

"Aawww. Poor of you for being kicked by a drill boot wearer"

The others started to shiver but still intended to fight. Without their weapons, they rush towards me but one by one get knocked out when getting a kick.

All 8 of them are on the ground screaming in pain. I then hide back my dagger and said

"Heh. Not very challenging. Now, what I'm supposed to do with all of you" while grabbing one of them by the cheek.

Tears can be seen in the girl's eyes before replying

"Please. Don't kill us. We just want something to survive"

"To survive eh? What? Do you think I'm someone or something that can be turned into your dinner?! A big no"

"Forgive us human! We only did this because we got nothing to eat while humans ravaged our land!" one of them said.

"Humans? Looks like you misunderstood. I'm not a human" and take off my hat revealing my ears.

"You, a beast human too?!" the others said.

"Of course. Why? Don't know what you are facing? That means defeat in a battle."

I then release the girl's cheek before walking in a circle and continue

"Now tell me, what do I get if I release all of you?"

"Please. Just let us go. We were exiled and had nothing to give to you" the teenage girl said while breaking down in tears.

Hearing the word 'exiled' make me stop my step. I turn over to them and ask

"How all of you got exiled?"

"Because we were weak and soft"

?

"Only that makes all of you get exiled?"

"Yes. Our folk said only strong and hard hearts can live together. Those who didn't have those would be exiled"

I then look in the air for some moment before crouching down and continuing

"I can forgive all of your actions on one condition"

"What is it?!"

"Answer my question honestly. Is it necessary to fight against each other because arguing about a tiny little mistake?"

"No" all of them reply.

"From now on I will forgive all of your actions. Goodbye" I said and start leaving the area.

"Wait!"

I stop my step. Without looking back, I ask

"What is it?"

"Ummm, can you teach us how to become strong?"

I immediately burst into laughter upon hearing that. I look towards them and said

"A battle is not decided by how strong you are but by how you outsmart your opponent"

"Can you teach us how?"

"Haha. Sorry. Not interested in teaching" and start turning back before one of them said

"Please! We will offer our loyalty if you teach us how!"

His word stops my movement. I look towards them and

"You offer what?"

"Loyalty! We offer our loyalty to you!"

I burst out into laughter and continues

"Never trust someone you just met. Giving loyalty is much more prohibit"

"We don't care! Please! We offer our loyalty! Just, teach us!"

I let out a sigh before replying

"Fine. I accept it"

Hearing that they stand up and erupted into cheers. Oh? They are already okay. Didn't realize that.

"Did you have a name miss?"

"Of course I do. My name is Akemi Tempest! Call me Akemi"

"Akemi sama! Can you name all of us?" one of them said while making a puppy face.

I agree to their request and named them.

Quick note, all of them are wolf-type beast humans and I name them from the oldest to the youngest.

The first pair is the machete user and the only grown-up in their group. Both of them had black hair so, I name the teenage girl Eins and the teenage boy Zwei.

The second pair is the boomerang users. They had white hair so I name the girl Yksi and the boy Kaksi.

The third pair is the slingers. They had brown hair so I name the girl Dva and the boy Odin.

The last pair is the lato lato users. They had grey hair so I name the girl Una and the boy Due.

[You just name them one and two but in different languages]

Shut up Miria! Nobody ask!

After their evolution was completed, they all bow down to me and said

"Thanks for the name Akemi sama! We will swear that will stay with you until the end!"

I let out a smile before continuing

"Alright! The first thing to do is to go back home"

"But, we didn't have any home Akemi sama" Eins said.

"Not your old home, my home! C'mon! Follow me!"

We walked toward the village but night comes first so we had to camp in the forest. I order the girls to find a nice spot while the boys follow me hunting some animal. Turns out they are expert hunters and manage to catch a monster-size boar.

"Why you boys didn't kill it?"

"Well, killing animals is Zwei's specialty so ask him" Kaksi said. I look toward Zwei and he replies

"My machete is not very sharp anymore. It's going to be very difficult killing it"

I let out a sigh and slice the boar's neck with ease. They were stunt seeing that before Odin said

"Your dagger is so sharp Akemi sama"

"Thanks for the praise, Odin. Now, let's check what the girls are doing"

When arrived at the campsite, looks like they already set up a few tents around a campfire.

"Looks like you girls are doing pretty well"

"Thanks to Yksi, we manage to turn this place into a safe campsite" Una said.

I was thinking about what she does but had no time to think about that. For the rest of the night, I teach them a few things before resting for the night.

Tomorrow

We continue our walk until didn't realize it was already evening. A mile from the village, my sonic hearing pick up something abnormal.

[Notice. Something must happen at the village]

Did you notice it too?

[Obviously]

When I reach the village, I was shocked upon seeing it. A few areas had become rubbles and I was immediately greeted by Rigurd.

"Akemi sama. You back"

"What happened Rigurd san?"

"Don't worry. Everything is under control right now. You can ask Rimuru sama for an explanation"

"Thanks for telling"

I then walk towards his tent. Once outside, I order my subordinates to stay outside. They agree.

I then enter the tent and saw a girl with silver-blue hair and golden eyes is sitting on the bed.

"Looks like you are already back Akemi chan"

"Ummm thanks but, who are you?"