Chapter 38

"Yeah, but you've been closer to Jon lately." He shrugged, sitting down beside me.

"What are you talking about?" I chuckled.

"Yeah, I mean, Randy's jealous, and he's not the only one. Jon's been sleeping over at your house almost every week."

"You know that you only don't sleep over because you don't like it. And we hang out everyday. You only live like 5 minutes away." I rose a brow.

"I know. But, well, Randy thinks Jon likes you."

"What?" I laughed. "Everyone knows Jon likes Renee. Haven't you seen them together? They text each other all the time and all."

"Yeah, but he stopped when he met you."

"Lies. I see him texting her all the time." Yeah, I know it was kind of a lie because the last time I saw him texting her was like... Almost a month ago, but there was no way Jon liked me more than a friend.

"Alright, if you say so." Shea sighed. "But, well, how's AJ? I mean, about losing to Paige on Sunday."

"Same as Randy knowing he'll lose to Dean." I sighed.

Suddenly, Cult of Personality started to play on my phone and I jumped slightly, before looking at the screen and accepting the call.

"Hey, hon."

"I'm out." He said, quickly.

"W-what?"

"I quit WWE."

"Punk... No... Why?"

"I just talked to Vince and Hunter and they agreed that this is the best for me and my own health. And besides, we'll still see each other, uh? It won't change much. I'll come over to your house, and you guys can come over as well. I mean, I'll get a bigger house with AJ here in Chicago, with rooms for each of you. I'll take care of myself."

"Oh..." Was the only thing I could say, as a tear fell down my cheek and I quickly wiped it away.

"I'm sorry... Don't cry."

"I'm not crying." I took a deep breath. "Okay, just a tear." We both chuckled sadly. "But you know me and the guys will support you with your decision. If you think this is the best for you..."

"It is. I feel like I took a weight off of my shoulders."

"Good." I smiled. "I guess this is really the best for you."

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry, Phil. We know you were hurt and couldn't keep doing this."

"You're the first I called."

"Shea's with me... Do you want me to tell him and the guys?"

"Yeah... But I'll call AJ."

"Okay. Will I see you tonight?"

"Yeah, I'm going to Raw but won't be out there and all."

"Right." I nodded.

"I'll call AJ now..."

"Okay... I see you tonight, then."

"Sure. Love you."

"Love you too, jerk." And after a small chuckle, he hung up. My whole body was 'frozen', and I was staring at nothing. "He quit."

"Fuck." Was all that Sheamus said.

We all knew Punk was planning to do that. We all knew he was gonna retire soon. We all knew he was hurt and tired. But we didn't know that would happen that soon. Punk was one of my favorite wrestlers, one of my best friends and one of my biggest inspirations, and I felt so... So empty, knowing that he wasn't gonna be there on Raw and Smackdown every week with his pipebombs and awesome matches and... That hurt a lot.