Chapter 2

Edited.

Those next few days were just as bad as the day I found out about Frank's suicide; we had his funeral, and I could barely get myself to go to school or going to wrestle. Everything I did would remind me of him, and bring back the pain. I just... All I could think was why did he do that to himself? Why didn't he come talk to me about whatever was happening before doing that? It was hard to eat, talk or get up from my bed for almost anything.

I'd visit his parents almost everyday, to make sure they were okay, but after a couple of weeks doing that, I figured out that my presence would just remind them about Frank's death, and make things worse, so I stopped going when they stopped calling. My mother also would always try to change the subject whenever she saw that Frank was involved, and Dave kept going on and on on how I should try going to therapy, just to make sure I'd handle everything. But what they didn't tell me was that my mother was bad too. Because of how depressed I was because of Frank, they didn't mention that she was getting worse, and I only found out about it when she had to stay in the hospital.

David called me and Aaron during class and, without a word, drove us to the hospital. I was just trying to understand what was going on, but he wouldn't talk. When we got there, he took me to my mother's room. She was weak, wasn't able to talk, and all she did was look at me and whisper something I didn't quite get.

"Forgive me for trying too much." She whispered, trying her best to hold my hand. "I'm sorry you never met your father..." And a tear fell down her cheek, but I kissed her forehead and whispered that it was okay. "I love you, Katie."

"I love you too, mom." I smiled, hugging her.

Little did I knew, that was the last time I'd talk to my mother. She soon fell asleep, so me and Aaron sat down in the waiting room, while David was with her. Later that afternoon, she passed away. I never thought it'd happen, neither David did. We were hopeless, broken. He didn't know what to do, and I knew he was trying to be strong for me, but... He couldn't hold it all for himself. Even after that all, I had to make myself go to school. The looks other people gave me would make me even sadder; they looked with sad eyes, whispering an 'I'm so sorry about your mother' and I'd just nod and walk away, together with Aaron.

During these hard times Aaron and the team had kept me and David going; they were there for everything, even if it meant going to my house suddenly with a bunch of pizza and Pepsi, just to try and cheer the both of us up. These guys were gold, and I knew that.

So, finally the day I had waited so much for had come; it was my last day at school, but I didn't feel how I expected to. I couldn't say I was as sad I was before, because I was actually getting better, but still... I always thought it would feel awesome, but the thought of never coming back and what I'd do from now on... It was scary.

We wouldn't have training today, and my last class was Chemistry, and we were in that 'chill' mood, everyone talking and talking about the future, college, things like that. I was just watching, with a small smile on my face and answering questions whenever someone asked me something. That's when David opened up the door and asked me to follow him to his office. All I could think was that something bad was gonna happen again, so I couldn't help it but to be a bit nervous. When we arrived, there were two men in suits sitting down on the chairs; each had a briefcase in hand. When I walked in, both of them stood up.

"Hello..." I said, politely.

"So, Katherine, this is Mr. Truman and Mr. Osner. They came here because..." David started, seeming a bit uncomfortable as he sat down on his chair and looked at me. Something was stopping him from talking, so Mr. Osner looked at me.

"Your father sent us here." He said.

"M-my father?" I asked, confused. How was that possible? "Where is he?"