~The Drive In~

Johnny's POV:

After Y/n left the house, I plopped down on the bed and felt my face burn. I... cuddled with her. I can still smell her alluring scent of flowers and lemongrass. As much as I'd love to lay in her bed all day and just soak in her scent, I don't wanna be a creep or somethin.

Dally. I can go see Dally. He said something about sleeping at Buck's last night. After I cooked up some eggs from the fridge, I got on my way to Buck's to go see Dally.

I knocked on the door and surprisingly, instead of Buck, Dallas was at the door.

"Who is- Oh hey there Johnny. Where's your jacket man? It's freezing." Dal spoke in a low scratchy voice, his dark brown hair all disheveled. (I'm going off of the way they looked in the movie cuz Matt Dillon is so pretty don't judge me).

"I'm letting Y/n borrow it for the day while she's at school. Besides, it ain't that cold." Dal ruffled my hair. "Of course a tuff kid like you doesn't think it's cold. What are ya doin here anyway Johnnycake?"

"I dunno, just felt like comin to see ya. Wanna hang out today?"

"Sure man. I'll be back down in a sec."

Dallas came back down with his hair neat. Well, as neat as Dal would let it be, and wearing the leather jacket you would never see him without.

"So Dal, what do you wanna do?"

"Nothin legal man. Let's go!"

Dally started terrorizing some middle school kids playing cards. I joined in at chasing em around to make sure Dally wasn't actually gonna kill em. After a while of chasing, I went to smoke a cigarette as Dally kept scaring them kids. Even Dal will get bored eventually.

"Hey Johnnycake, I'm hungry man. Wanna head to the Dingo? I'm buyin."

"Sure Dally."

After we settled in at the Dingo and Dallas did his normal routine of bothering the waitress, he turned to me with a smirk on his face.

"So... Y/n huh?"

I raised my eyebrow. "What about her?"

"You're dense if you don't realize you have the hots for her. Not just anyone can borrow your jacket."

"Come on Dallas we barely know each other. I'm just bein a good friend is all. Besides, even if I did like her she wouldn't like me back."

Dallas sighed and rubbed his forehead. "Friend my ass. Johnny, man, I saw the way she was lookin at ya last night. We all did. Apparently you were the only one who didn't. Just go for it man. But if she breaks your heart I'm breakin her neck. Alright?" (I still can't get over Dallas' relentless use of the word man)

"It ain't the time yet Dally, it just ain't the time."

After we ate our food and Dally paid the bill, I offered him to come with me back to Y/n's house. She's expectin me to be there when she gets home.

As I opened the door to her house, I turned to him.

"Okay Dallas, this is Y/n's house. That means no trashin the place. Got it?"

He raised his hands like I had caught him doing somethin.

"I would never Johnnycake. How dare you assume I would, man."

"Yeah yeah sure Dal." I said as I walked inside.

We sat on her couch talkin about everything and nothing, when we heard the doorknob turn.