~You're Okay~

Johnny's POV:

I laid with Y/n in my arms, worried as to what would happen when her dad comes. I'm pretty sure she had fallen back asleep, her breathing falling into a soft rhythm, and she stopped shifting every once in a while.

Suddenly, the door creaked open.

"...Hello?"

It was Y/n's dad, with Darry in tow. He looked tired, dark circles under his eyes that weren't there the last time I saw him.

"Is Y/n awake?" he whispered to me, pointing at her.

I shook my head. He walked over to take a look at her before turning back to me.

"Do you mind if i talk to you outside for a minute?"

I gulped, but followed him outside, motioning for Darry to keep an eye on Y/n.

Y/n's POV:

I opened my eyes to a missing warmth. Where was Johnny? It's cold without him here. I pushed myself up so i sat on the bed.

"Oh, you're awake." Darry was sitting in a chair reading a newspaper.

"Where did Johnny go?" I asked, my voice a bit raspy.

"He's outside with your dad."

"WHAT?" I scrambled out of the bed, running and scrambling to the door, my heart monitor came off my finger and my IV almost ripped out. I ripped open the door to see Johnny and my father in a hug.

"Y/n...?"

My dad scooped me up into a hug, and I held him tight. I missed him so much, I can't even imagine all the pain I caused him.

"Dad, I-"

"I know. It's okay. You're okay."

A nurse came walking over.

"Y/n? What are you doing? Your monitor isn't attached!"

After the nurse helped me back into bed, Dad stayed for as much time as he could. Apparently I had woken up at 6:30 in the morning, I understand Darry and my dad being awake, but Johnny? I'm extremely worried for his sleep schedule.

Darry and my dad had left for work, and Steve and Soda stopped by to say hello after hearing I was awake. Two-bit came by with a slice of chocolate cake for me, but he didn't stop eyeing it the whole time he was there so I let him have it. After a while, everyone left, and it was just me and Johnny.

I invited him back to sit with me in the bed, and he wasted no time joining me. He wrapped his arms around my waist, nuzzling into my shoulder.

"Darlinnn, how much longer are you gonna stay here for? The gang misses ya."

I felt my face heat up at the nickname.

"I'm not sure Johnnycakes, It could be for a couple of days, maybe a couple weeks, it all depends on what the doctor says. Speaking of the doctor, once he comes to check in on me, I think you should go home and get some sleep."

"Noooo..." He held me tighter and whined. "I can't leave you here all alone. I'll sleep here."

"No Johnny." I said, turning around to face him. I cupped his face in my hands. God he was adorable. And as much as I would love for him to stay with me, he deserves a nice warm bed to sleep in. "You need a real bed to sleep in. How about we call Dally to come get you. Hm?"

He gave me a pouty face, and i pinched his cheek in response.

"That's not gonna make me change my mind Johnnycakes." I giggled. I gestured to the phone sitting next to my bed.

"Well? Get to dialing." Johnny grumbled and shuffled off the bed over to the phone, where he began to dial a number.

"Hey uh... Dallas? Yeah uh, Y/n's awake, and now she's telling me I gotta go somewhere to sleep." He nodded. "Uh huh. Okay."

He turned to me and held out the phone. "He wants to talk to you."

Slightly confused, I took the phone and held it up to my ear.

"Hello?"

"Hey kid. So you're awake?"

"Yeah. A few hours now. I was wondering if you could pick up Johnny and find him a place to sleep. I'm not sure how long he's been here but he looks exhausted."

Johnny looked offended.

"Yeah uh sure, I can do that. Tell Johnny I'll be around with Buck's car in a minute."

"Alright Dal. Well see you soo-"

"And hey. Thanks... for saving Johnny I mean. That was... crazy, what you did for him, man."

"Well I promised I would take care of him wouldn't I? Talk to you later Dal."

"Yeah, bye kid."

I set the phone back into the receiver, and turned to Johnny.

"Dal is gonna be around with Buck's car in a bit."

"Do I really have to go?" He looked at me with the biggest puppy dog eyes I've ever seen. Compared to an actual puppy, I think he has them beat. I reached out and poked his cheek.

"You need a nice warm place to sleep hun, not just some chair in a cold hospital room."

Time skip

There was a knock on the room door.

"Come in."

The door opened and a familiar figure with a dark leather jacket strode into the room.

"Hey Dally!" Johnny want up to him and playfully hit him on the shoulder.

"Hey Johnny, man." He ruffled Johnny's hair with a slight smirk on his face. Dallas always had a soft spot for Johnny. He had a bond that no one else had with Dally.

"You can go wait in the car, man. I gotta ask Y/n somethin."

Johnny looked to me a bit worried, I nodded at him, smile on my face, and he walked out the door.

The second he was gone, and the door shut, I felt hot tears well up in my eyes.

"Alright kid, how bad is it?"

"It's awful Dally. It feels like my whole body burns and stings. I tried to hide it from Johnny, and I think it worked but I didn't know how much longer I could keep up the act."

My arms have bandages covering severe burns all over them, my back aches and stings, my whole body writhing and tired from putting up with it for so long. I closed my eyes and winced in pain, and then I felt a hand on my head.

"Hey. It's gonna get better. Johnny needs you, man. You can't die on him now, alright?"

I looked up at him and nodded. "Alright."

"Good. I gotta go. I'm gonna take Johnny over to Buck's so he can sleep. You get some rest too, alright?"

"Okay Dal."

"One more thing. You ever pull a stunt like this again, I'll kill you."

I rolled my eyes and chuckled.

"Okay Dallas. Bye"

(Writers block is the worst- Bunny)

1107 Words