chapter 14

all he could think about was him.

him and nothing else.

the man that he gladly enjoyed daydreaming with. that gave him something to think about. that took up all the space in his brain.

him.

soobin.

a name that he would never get sick of.

a name that he loved.

a name that he would cherish forever.

a name that wasn't here.

yeonjun was waiting for him. so impatiently patient. on the tips of his toes- trying to look over everyone's annoying heads. on the verge of nearly running around like a crazy freak.

he had stood out in front of the school- twenty minutes early, arms crossed and eyes trying to blink past the frost that bit him.

he had stayed like a dog looking for their lost owner. watching all the faces that filtered in and out of the school. observing once and twice to make sure he didn't accidentally miss seeing soobin.

he was in the cold- freezing his ass off- waiting for him. just for him. wanting to make sure he was okay. wanting to know that he made it to school safely.

but as the bell had rung- declaring his defeat- he trudged alone to first period all alone. again. with worry and dread hanging above his head so solemnly.

yeonjun couldn't help but slightly panic. maybe he should've stayed another night. maybe he should've called soobin again to make sure that he was feeling alright. maybe something worse happened this time. maybe. just maybe.

all these maybes followed him around; like a string that kept on growing.

it kept close to him all through first period, easily tantalizing him. and it still lingered on his shoulders as the bell rings; releasing them from the heavy dread.

it even stayed trailing on his heels as he was now firmly planted in the hallway- going back to trying to find soobin just as he did an hour ago. tracing over ever single body and shape with such caution; eyes squinted as he was searching for the one person he needed.

he ignored the people that bumped into him; going against against the crowd. he forgot about everyone else as he looked around the lockers. or past the huddled and groups of people. even through all the halls and doors. searching every single place possible.

he just needed to find him.

tall figure. slim body. brunette hair: soobin.

find him.

find-

"yeonjun!!"

he spins his head around cautiously- catching on to the sound and hoping to find where it originated from.

"oh my fucking god, yeonjun!! i haven't seen you in ages!!"

his heart sinks.

it wasn't him.

instead, he faces the powerful three. walking like they owned the place. eyes set directly on yeonjun with such energy scattered all along their expressions.

yeonjun curves up his face into a practiced smile- now halting his search party as he waves carefully; unprepared for all the hyper-ness that always exploded.

"where have you been?" hueningkai asks curiously- all three of them now forming into a small circle that stood in the middle of everybody.

"i was.. uhm.." yeonjun thinks it through- going over all the explanations possible, "i was sick."