chapter 17

AHAHAHAHA LETS GET IT STARTED

::

shit, it was ringing.

the sound was so deafening- screaming right at him. ripping out his ear dreams.

it hummed and spat.

it was the most horrible and fucking terrible melody ever; scratching his brain to the point that he almost couldn't take it at all.

he couldn't believe what he was doing.

he couldn't believe he actually dialed his number.

and this late too. in the middle of the fucking night.

yeonjun's finger hovers over the red end button- realizing how stupid this was. of course he would be asleep. of course he wouldn't pick up a call this late. of course he wouldn't want to talk to yeonjun.

he sighs- biting his lip and shaking his head.

he didn't know what had gotten into him. what was he even thinking? that stupid motivation and confidence that sparked up seconds ago was now entirely gone; deserting him in the dark room all alone.

a thousand thoughts flood into his brain. pulling him in countless of directions. thinking how dumb he was. how idiotic he was acting. how pathetic and ignorant and fucking-

the line clicks.

the ringing stops.

yeonjun glances down at his phone with surprise.

he stays so still- like a statue. not blinking. not breathing. not even thinking.

"hello?" a tired voice rings out; sounding so drowsy and hoarse- disturbing someone who was flourishing in their dreams a few seconds ago.

"soobin..?" yeonjun whispers; somehow in disbelief.

"yeah?" he muffles out; still half asleep.

yeonjun swallows- now looking around his dark surroundings, not entirely sure what he even wanted to say; thinking he wouldn't get this far.

"are you asleep?" he asks.

"not anymore." soobin sighs out- now shifting around in his bed.

"i'm sorry." yeonjun whispers out.

soobin gently laughs, "don't be."

soobin pauses before saying something else, "are you okay?"

yeonjun nods as if he could see him, "i just.. couldn't sleep."

"right," soobin says, slurring out whatever came to his mind, "you just... 'couldn't sleep'."

yeonjun lays back down on his bed- trying to relax from being so tensed up, "i was.. thinking."

"thinking, hm? was it about me?" soobin says- running his mouth with the first thought printed on his tongue.

yeonjun smirks, "it's always about you."

soobin yawns, "you know.." yeonjun hears how he stretches, rustling around in his covers for comfort, "i think about you sometimes too."

yeonjun's eyes widen, "you do?"

"mhmm," he sighs out, "sometimes though. not all the time. only when i'm.. bored. which actually is a lot of the time so.. maybe i do think about you a lot."

he quiets down for a second, "i don't know."

yeonjun laughs- deeply entertained by what soobin was blabbering on about; acting like he was drunk.