Chapter 2: A New Home

Issei was riding in a taxi as he was holding a letter given to him by the doctor that monitored him during his stay in the hospital.

'Hmm... I hope the orphanage I'm going to won't be so tough on me...''

Due to the cold weather Issei was currently wearing a red hoodie with the hood up covering his ears, brown pants, and his usual, white and blue sneakers.

It's a good thing that the hospital has provided him with his clothes since he still doesn't have any money or way to get clothes.

In another note in the week he was stationed in the hospital. He was given a citizenship card. And some documents.

They made those for him so that he could live in the city and be a citizen in it.

Soon the taxi stopped and it seems this is where the orphanage was.

"Thank you," Issei thanked the taxi driver before opening the door of the taxi and getting off of it.

Issei went out of the taxi and grabbed his luggage from the back of the trunk of the taxi.

After he got his luggage the taxi soon went off.

Issei was now in front of a huge wooden mansion. As there was a wide yard in front of it filled with tables and chairs.

At the center of it is a stone path leading to the door of the orphanage with the sign up above saying Mama Luna's Home for Children.

Issei, seeing that he is in the right place, proceeded to walk down the stone path and into the door.

Issei was now in front of the door and proceeded to knock.

He waited for an answer but he decided to knock again.

"Coming! Just a second," after the second knock he could hear someone behind the door.

He could now hear footsteps rushing to his direction.

The door finally opened to reveal the caretaker of the orphanage.

"Well hello there, you must be Issei right?"

"Hello... wait, how did you know my name?"

"Dr. Gasper called over that you will be coming here today so I already know everything about you Issei,"

"I see..."

"Don't worry you will be accepted for who you are here, even if you are a faunus or a human, everyone deserves a home to stay in," hearing that Issei had a smile on his face it seems this orphanage does not discriminate against faunus.

While reading the books that the doctor has given him he was worried if many people would discriminate against him for his faunus traits, but luckily it seems that the owner of this orphanage was not discriminatory, which made him happy.

"Thank you Ms. Luna."

"It's Mama Luna mister, now come on inside I need to show you the place so that you won't be lost around here," Mama Luna scolded Issei before inviting Issei inside.

"Ok Mama Luna," Both of them soon went inside and Issei's tour around the orphanage had started.

"So on the left you have the kitchen and the dining room, it's where you will eat and cook your meals," Mama Luna Explained as she pointed to the left part of the hallway in which Issei could see tables and chairs set up.

"And the next room is our little library, so whenever you get bored you can always come here and read,"

The tour went on but soon Issei realized something.