- 2 -

When Homura awoke, it wasn't to the sounds of Kyoko snoring, or (Y/N) and Mami cooking in the kitchen. It wasn't the warm feeling she knew. In fact, It was freezing cold. Homura quickly sat up, feeling snow fall onto her skin. Her glasses were freezing, Homura wouldn't be surprised if they were frozen to her face. She tried to stand, but everything hurt. "K-Kyu... what did you do to me..." 

Using the side of a large rock, Homura forced herself to stand. "I... Need to find Madoka... Or (Y/N)..." Homura tried to walk around, but she had no idea where she was. "Is it a dream..?" She wondered. Homura could feel the snowflakes falling onto her lashes, picking up the pace to find someplace warm. 

How did this happen? Kyu... "What did he do to me..." She pondered. "I brought you home." Homura jumped as she let out a scream. "SHH! You'll alert the monsters!" Homura took a hesitant step back. "W-What..?"  Kyu hopped up onto a tree branch, but he looked different. He some strange appendage coming out of his ears, and his eyes were red. "K... Kyu..."

"My name is Kyubey. Welcome home, Ms. Homura Akemi."

"But where are we?" She asked, hugging herself as she shivered. "Teyvat. Specifically in Snezhnaya. You must hurry to the Tsaritsa." Kyubey hopped onto Homura's shoulders. "This way." He pointed with his paw.

"How can we be Teyvat? That's just a game..." Kyubey shook his head. "I cannot say much at this moment, but this is were you belong. Now hurry, there's not much time left." Homura nodded and picked up the pace. "Can you at least tell me why we're in a hurry?" Homura questioned. "All I can say is there's a large series of witches running around." She gave a confused stare. "Witches? In Teyvat? What do you mean? What are witches?"

"..." Kyubey didn't respond. "Kyu...? Are the others here?" Kyubey nodded. "They are. But they're scattered, I must find them once you get to safety." Homura looked down. "But what about the witches? What if the others get hurt?" Kyubey sighed. "It's not the witches you need to worry about." He hopped off and motioned for her to follow. "The Tsaritsa will explain everything, please just hurry." Homura nodded and started running, following Kyubey to the best of her abilities.

.
.
.

(Y/N) sat up with a groan, rubbing her head as she glanced around. "... Where..." She leaned up against a large tree, using her hand to cover the sun. "Eh... A statue..." She looked up at the odd statue. A cloaked figure holding an orb in his cupped hands. "Wait- is that Barbatos?" The woman moved to stand in front of the statue. She reached up and touched the hands, staring in slight awe. Glancing around, (Y/N) decided to visit Momdstat. "City of Freedom. Maybe I can stop by the Cats Tail..." She hummed, smiling softly. Her clothes weren't that bad, a (f/c) sweater over a tank top and some shorts.

Walking on the bridge was nice, a gentle breeze making the girl grin. She spotted Timmy on the bridge with his birds and started to slowly walk by, wishing him a good day. Timmy smiled and nodded, as the birds finally stayed put for once. (Y/N) reached the opening of Mondstat, only for the guards to stop her. "Name and business."

"I'm (Y/N) (L/N), here to sight see."

The guards shared a look before nodding. "Right. Don't cause any problems." (Y/N) gave a nod before walking past them. The guards waved down another guard on the wall and motioned to the newcomer, placing them under watch.

(Y/N) smiled as she walked around, petting the various cats around the area before heading off to see the church. Maybe she'd see Venti preform! Sure enough when she arrived to the large statue, Venti was playing lyre and singing. Deciding to stand in the back of the crowd, (Y/N) listened to the song. Upon finishing the song, the crowd dispersed until only Venti and (Y/N) were left. "I thought it was a beautiful performance." She complimented. Venti turned to look at her with a smile. "Thank you, I'm glad you-" he froze when he saw her face. His gaze hardened. "Oh. It's you."