- 3 -

Kyoko gripped the railing at the top of the mountain. She currently stood at the Narukami shrine, observing the way the lightning struck everything down. "So, what's the deal here?" She spoke up. "You guys claim there's a greater being who even the Archons worship." Kyoko turned as she aggressively bit into the taiyaki. "And I'm some kinda magical girl?"

A soft chuckle could be heard in front of her. "Correct. You see, something has come over everyone. Even the Shogun has been acting strange. Well... Stranger." Yae Miko confirmed, folding an arm across her chest, raising the other to cup her cheek slightly. "So I must ask, do you remember anything?"

Kyoko took the final bite of her taiyaki and gulped it down. "Of course not. I told you, I'm just a normal kid who's looking for her friends. Now quit telling me this nonsense!" Miko simply smiled at her feisty temper. "The scriptures were right. You have quite a temper." Kyoko froze before glaring. "Shut the hell up. Do you know where Sayaka is?" Yae gave a sorry smile. "Afraid not. You are the only one I've seen so far. Perhaps if you look around Inazuma, you'll find your friend."

Kyoko hummed as she stared back out. She could see a village, and the city in the distance. "How can I trust you? For all I know, you could be trying to convince me to fall into a trap." Kyoko pointed out.

"Observant. However I assure you, I am not tricking you. It appears as though whatever is happening hasn't affected those in the shrine. At least not me and some of the maidens." Miko confirmed, glancing back at a few of the shrine workers. Kyoko still didn't seem convinced. "Right. Sure. I know how you people are." Miko tilted her head slightly. "Beg pardon?"

Kyoko stood up on the railing. "Pastors, shrine maidens, nuns, all the same. You take people's trust then you stab them in the back. I'd trust a hilichurl before I trusted you, even if you were Sayaka's favorite." Kyoko spat, turning and jumping off the side of the mountain.

Miko rushed forward and nearly jumped off the side of the mountain as well, only to see Kyoko land on one of the nearby floating cliffs. Kyoko continued to hop from land mass to land mass before getting close enough to the ground. She avoided the electric waters and started sprinting away. Miko sighed as she looked to the city. "Ei... Please don't hurt her... May our Grace protect her."

.
.
.

"...N)..."

(Y/N)'s head was ringing.

"(Y...."

It was pounding.

"Wa..... Up..."

It was hard to breathe.

"(Y/N)!"

She sat up with a gasp. "W-What-"

(Y/N) looked down to see the strange cat and the doll creature sitting next to her. She reached up to rub her head as she steadied her breathing. "I'm... I'm sorry, could you repeat that?"

Kyubey sighed. "You need to get a grip, this world is in danger!" The doll started babbling in some strange language as it nodded. "The Abyss..? I know, but that has nothing to do-"

"No, something much worse! Witches!"

She raised a brow. "Witches? Those aren't in Genshin. Right? Well I guess the mages..." Kyubey shook his head. "No... You must've lost your memories..." (Y/N) looked down at him with a concerned gaze. "I'm sorry, maybe if you explained it a little more?"