|Walk

Heart wrenching sobs of hungry baby Tubbo filled the small hut. Younger Schlatt tried to soothe his son, softly shushing him while softly rubbing his back. He tried rocking him, giving him his pacifier, even changing his diaper. But he sighed heavily when none of his methods were working.

Schlatt knew the root of the problem though..

But as much as he wanted to calm his son, there was nothing he could do till morning.

He sat down on a rushed and almost broken seat, it made a small creek as he sat, threatening to collapse underneath him. But, it was the best Schlatt could whip up for this small hut. He held baby Tubbo close to his chest and gave him a gentle loving kiss on the head.

Schlatt wished there was something he could do for his son, he knew he wasn't fit to be a father. He was so short on money he almost had to beg some of the town folks for any extra change or scraps of food.

"I know your hungry Tubs.. Daddy's hungry too..." Schlatt softly spoke. "I'm.. I'm sorry.."

This wasn't the life he wanted for his son.

——

"So you're allergic to water?" Tubbo asked, turning his head to the side as his ear twitched. Ranboo swallowed the bite of food and nodded. Tubbo attacked his own fruit while his eyes were glued on Ranboo.

"If that's what you prefer to call it. When my skin comes in contact with water, it burns and eventually melts it." Ranboo explained, bringing up his free arm that was wrapped in messy bandages. It looked rushed and there was gaps in it where the irritated skin was visible. "This was from when I rescued you. I'm grateful the woods were mostly covered but some rain water burned my skin. It's not too severe, should heal soon."

You did this to him. Its your fault. Always your fault, an inconvenience, waste of space, waste of spa-

Tubbo left guilt creeping up inside of him, he fidgeted with the fruit. Ranboo spoke about this topic so freely, like it wasn't a big deal. But it was, it could kill him. "O-oh.. sorry. Are you alright?"

Ranboo didn't reply at first, he seemed focused on the fruit. He was trying to peel the skin off, he's done that the whole time he's consumed the fruit. Tubbo frowned but he was patient and waited as he ate more of the fruit.

Your fault your fault your fault, apologizing wont be enough, cant take back the pain he felt. Fix it fix it F

Ranboo seemed to notice the odd quietness as his ear flickered, or maybe he felt Tubbo staring at him. He looked up, "O-oh! No need to be sorry! Please don't be. Like I said, it'll heal soon. I should be asking if your injury is alright." He panicky spoke, his voice calming at the end. He didnt meet Tubbos eyes, he looked awkward, unsure if he's doing the right thing.

Tubbo frowned, his worries slowly slipping away, but he really didn't want to be reminded of the his own pain. He sighed and slightly moved his leg but it was oddly numb, it had no feeling whatsoever. "O-oh? uhm, it's n-numb, actually? How..? Wha.." He questioned and squinted his eyes as he looked at his wrapped up leg.

"Ah! The medicine must be working then! I'm glad!" Ranboo proudly chirped, clapping his hands together. Tubbo looked up at him confused but curious. "Medicine?" Ranboo happily nodded, his ears perking up.

"Correct! I uh, happened to bring along some pain reliever medicine. It was in my bag when I ended up here." He sighed and looked over near the tree. Tubbo guessed that this was the bag and saw a leather satchel, it had a bright lavender purple clip on it. It had a few scratch's on it but it was in pretty good shape, no tears or big holes.