Chapter 11

September 23rd 2012...

Pulling her suitcase beside her Nicki walked through the airport in search of the exit. When she got there she made her way over to the black mercedes that was waiting for her. The driver helped her with her bags and once they were both in the car and their seatbelts were on, he drove them to their next destination. The driver didn't say much for the 20 minute drive they were on and it didn't bother her at all. Drake had told her he was a close friend of his and she had been curious to find out more about him but he seemed very reserved so she decided not to harass him.

"I'll be back in a minute, are you ok to wait here?" he asked her as they pulled into a parking lot. It was only the second thing he had really asked her since meeting her and she found it amusing. He was definitely someone who was aware of boundaries and made sure to stay in them.

"Yeah, that's fine," she gave back and watched as he got out of the car and walked into the building that was not too far away. She was waiting for only a short while when he walked back out carrying a bag and with Drake by his side who carried a bag of his own. She couldn't help the smile on her face when she saw him.

He had invited her to toronto for a few days in order to give her a chance to clear her mind before she started her new job and given the timing it was exactly what she needed.

He placed his items in the back before he walked over to the other side and got in, greeting her with a smile as he did so. "Hey baby, how are you?" he said before leaning in to give her a kiss that she was more than happy to accept.

"I'm good. How are you?" she asked him and he told her he was also good before placing a kiss on the back of her hand.

"How was your flight?" he asked as he pulled on his seat belt.

"It was ok. It was my first flight in a long time so I was a little nervous but it was ok," she said and watched as he gently caressed her hand with his thumb.

"Good," He said softly and looked over at his friend and he shut the door and started the car. "I didn't get a chance to introduce you both. Chubbs, Nicki. Nicki, Chubbs." Chubbs gave her a nod through the mirror and she chuckled. "To the house please Chubbs, thank you again for getting her,"

"No problem at all boss,"

They settled into a comfortable silence that was soon filled as Drake and Chubbs caught each other up on the daily briefing whilst she took in the Toronto scenery...

-

"I'm gonna hop in the shower. Did you wanna join?" he asked as she stood over her suitcase. She looked over her shoulder at him just as he took off his t-shirt and bit her lip.

They'd recently got in after what was a long day for both of them. After Chubbs has dropped them home, they went straight back out to get dinner and were only really returning home to finally settle for the evening now.

"Ok." She unpacked the last few articles from her suitcase and undressed as he got the water running.Only moments later she was joining him in the shower and relaxing into his arms as he held her. He placed a kiss on her temple encouraging her to look at him.

"What's wrong,"

"Nothing," she replied quicker than she should've and that alone told him there was something weighing on her shoulders. "I'm just tired,"

He nodded and placed his hand on lower abdomen causing her to smile. "Hows our baby,"

She chuckled, causing him to smile. "They're fine," she placed her hands over his own and relished in the moment that was still so surreal.