Chapter 2

July 7th 2012...

"Stahp," She was trying to contain her laughter as he laughed along with her. "So you actually said that to a girl,"

"Yup," He said, chuckling to himself.

"And what did she say back?"

"She just walked away from me and I felt kind of stupid,"

Nicki laughed again causing him to do the same. It was a Saturday afternoon and Nicki had come over to drakes apartment as Derrick was once again at work all day and Nicki didn't have much to do with her time. This is how they spent most of their free afternoons as they had now know each other for almost two months and had a close friendship bond.

"Shall we put a movie in?" He asked her.

"Yeah why not,"

Drake stood and walked over to his DVD cupboard and opened it. "You gonna come and pick a movie?"

"Indeed I am," She stood up and placed her wine glass on the table before standing and walking over to where he was. She was dressed in a white tank and one of his jumper with nothing else but lace boy shorts and knee-high socks. She had been wearing shorts before but had decided to take them off and stay in what she was now in. Drake was in some Black chino shorts and a white T-shirt. The fact that Nicki was only half dressed didn't bother him at all but he guessed that would be because of the fact he had seen her in less than what she was wearing right now. "Identity Theft," She said picking the DVD casing and handing it to him.

"Identity Theft it is," He went and put the movie in while she went into his kitchen and helped herself to a variety of snacks. She went and sat back next to him where she put the snacks between them and settled down as he pressed play on the movie.

-

"But you said tonight D," She pouted.

"I'm sorry baby but dad has said that I have to be at this meeting and then I have to go to dinner with everyone at red lobster," Derrick said back, knowing he had upset her.

She sighed before responding. "Fine we can reschedule,"

"You know in sorry, nic. We can go out with everyone else another time okay?"

"Okay. have you told the others or are you gonna leave that to me as well,"

"Would you rather I told them?" He asked knowing it was the least he could do after having cancelled on her again.

"Considering you're the one cancelling, yes I would,"

"Okay baby. I really am sorry. I'll make it up to you, I promise. I love you,"

"I love you too," With that they hung up. Nicki just sighed. She hadn't realised that Drake had been listening. She watched as he walked in and opened his arms. She looked at him for a second before walking into them and letting him hug her. "He just constantly cancels and it really does get to me. Its like he doesn't want to spend time with me anymore and it really makes me think twice,"

"Its fine. Don't worry about it. Why dont I take you out tonight. We can go for dinner and then go and see a movie afterwards. My treat" He asked, knowing it was the least he could do to cheer her up again.

"You don't have to mak-" He didn't let her finish her sentence.

"I insist. Plus you need some cheering up now, so it'll be a chance for you to have fun and enjoy yourself. forget about him cancelling on you,

"Okay," She looked up at him and he smiled at her causing her to smile back at him. They both chuckled before he broke the silence that had formed.