Chapter 8

September 5th 2012...

Nicki woke up to the fairly dim atmosphere of the familiar bedroom. She could faintly hear movement from the other side of the closed door, but did not question it, knowing he was probably up to something. She looked around for a moment just getting used to her surroundings before she sat up and kicked her legs to the side of the bed.She walked from the bed and over to the drawers where she found herself a plain t-shirt to wear being that she would have to retrace her steps to find her own clothing.

She was about to walk out of the room to go and find him when the door slowly opened and he walked in.

"You're awake," he said with a small smile that she mirrored. "Did you sleep well?" he asked as he walked closer to her and placed a kiss on her forehead.

"I did thank you. Where had you gone off to," she asked as he wrapped his arms around her and held her a little closer.

"I had gone to make you some food, because I assumed you'd be hungry," he said gently rocking from side to side as her head rested on his temple. "Are you?" he asked and she nodded, making him chuckle. "Well if you get settled back in bed, and find something for us to watch, I'll go and get our food,"

He gave her another kiss of the temple before they separated and she did as he had instructed, getting comfortable in bed and finding them a casual tv program to watch as he brought over their food.

For the most part they ate in silence and once they were done he took their plates and went and put them in the dishwasher, whilst she went on a hunt to find her phone that she had left in her jacket when she arrived...

"So what happens now?" he asked as she sat tucked into his side. They'd been like that for a while, but they both knew there were questions that needed answering.

"I don't know, but I promise you I'm trying to figure it out." She spoke softly as her brain continued to rake through the many options she had. "I think if I went home and packed my bags and just left, it would cause a serious war that would hinder us more than anything. So for now I just need a few days to get my head straight, if that's ok?" she asked and looked up at him.

Although this was a clear deja vu moment for him, he had to trust that this time things would be different, at least for his own piece of mind because he didn't know what he would do if they weren't.

He gave her a nod, but his expression remained neutral.

"I know it's hard for you to hear, but I mean it this time. I'm not going to leave you hanging." She reached up and placed a hand on his cheek, forcing him to look at her. "I love you, okay?"

He couldn't help but smile at the mention of those three words. Something he didn't expect to hear from her so soon, but it was something that made all the different nonetheless. "I love you too."

She lightly pulled him closer and placed a kiss on his lips. "Just give me a little time." She kissed him again and this time moved her hand from his cheek to his neck. "You smell so good, what are you wearing?" she asked him between kisses.

"It's Dior, Spice Blend." He hand underneath the top she was wearing and softly caressed her skin. "You trying to buy it for your boy toy?" he asked, encouraging her to lay on her back.

"I told you, I'm leaving him," she said back, reaching to run her hand through his curls.

"I'll believe it when I see it," he said and she pulled away from the kiss he was about to give her, causing him to laugh. "I'm messing with you,"

"Stop," she said with a pout. "I am going to leave him,"

He placed a kiss on her temple and moved so that he seated, pulling her legs onto his lap and softly caressing them. "Tell me where your head is at, is there any way I could help?"