Second place (Yamaguchi) [angst, some fluff at the end]

It was a regular day at school, everything was just like every other day. After school you went over to the gym to watch practice which you highly enjoyed watching mostly for your friends, Tsukkishima and yamaguchi. You open the gym door and saw nishinoya and hinata yelling about something (as per usual) and tanaka laughing hysterically at the two of them while dachi, asahi, and suga were chatting with kiyoko, nishinoya noticed you and immediately ran towards you until tsukki grabbed him by the back of his shirt and threw him aside (just like a small piece used napkin) and him and yamaguchi walked over and greeted you. You started talking with both of them (mostly tsukki) while yamaguchi would give little pieces of input every now and then the coach called all the boys off break and they all went back to practice

*timeskip to the end of the day*

since you had been sitting watching practice for a couple hours you had fallen asleep towards the end and you were awoken by hinata yelling about something nishinoya did, you checked the time on your phone '10:36' you stood up and started grabbing your things and getting ready to leave "leaving already?" you heard yamaguchi say, "yeah its kinda late and i gotta get home" tsukki walked over and stood by yamaguchi.

Yamaguchi slightly smiled and said "are you gonna be ok walking home alone? It's pretty late"

You smiled and nodded telling him that you would be fine and you began to walk out "wait up, i'm coming with you, your dumbass would probably get kidnapped on your own" tsukki started gathering his things to walk you home "uh..yeah i'll come too" yamaguchi said. The entire time you were walking home you walked next to tsukki while yamaguchi quietly walked behind you guys as you talked, you got to your house and said your goodbyes to tsukki "bye ig see you tmrw" said tsukki "bye y/n goodni-" you closed the door not aware that yamaguchi was mid sentence. Yams and tsukki started walking to their houses (yams behind tsukki) "...you good??" tsukki asked yams ''uh..yeah im fine" 🤨 "no tf your not i can tell your being pissy about something" yamaguchi sighed and said "..do you think y/n likes you more than me?' tsukki scoffed and said "bro wtf kinda question is that, idk ask her yourself" yamaguchi looked down not responding to tsukki "what you got a crush or something" tsukki said jokingly yamaguchi still didnt respond "..wait actually?" yamaguchi walked faster ahead of tsukki going home still not answering him *time skip to the next goddamn day* y/n wakes up and starts getting ready for school, she grabbed her phone and saw a text from 'Tsukki'

(you coming to watch practice today?)

                                                                                                            (yeah why??)

(no reason.)

How strange, tsukishima never really asks questions like that. You thought to yourself

You looked at the clock and then started walking to school

(a different area of the story)

Yamaguchi sat at his desk looking at his phone "wanna hang out this weekend? :)"

He stared at the unsent message so badly wanting to ask you but he knew you would decline his offer, he turned off his phone and began walking to school. We walked through the halls and saw you and tsukki chatting in front of his classroom, you seemed so happy while talking to tsukki. Tsukishima waved at Yamaguchi as he walked over to you guys ''hey, what are you guys talking about??" you smiled and glanced at tsukki "oh tsukki was just asking if i wanted to hang out this weekend and go to the new music shop that open up recently" tsukki scoffed and said "i only asked you because your always begging me to hang out" yamaguchi smiled and said "oh..cool." the bell rang and yams pushed pass the both of you and went into his class"