chapter 1: moving in

Duke Thomas
A.K.A
The signal, Gotham's newest vigilante.

"I can't believe this is really happening" Duke held a large cardboard box as he stared up at Wayne Manor. He's greeted by his mentor, Bruce Wayne.

Bruce Wayne
A.K.A
The freakin' batman, Duke's mentor.

"Welcome to your new home, Duke. I hope you'll be happy here" he stretched his arms out, taking the box from Duke's hold. Coming up behind him was the best of them all, Alfred Pennyworth.

Alfred Pennyworth
A.K.A
The butler, the best of them all.

"Master Bruce and I will oversee the movers. Why don't you let master Damian and little miss Y/N give master Duke the tour? They're very excited about your arrival" The butler had referred to the younger children near the stairwell. Damian was leaning on of the newel posts with little Y/N in his arms.

Damian Wayne
A.K.A
Robin, he's still working on his people skills.

Y/N Wayne
A.K.A
The glue of the family, still learning how to say words properly.

Duke looked at the two and gave a small smile. "That's okay, I'm more than happy to help you guys instead"

Alfred pushed him inside the Manor. "Nonsense, we have everything covered here. Off you go" Duke looked down at the two children. Damian looked at him unamused, while Y/n gave him a toothy smile and a small wave.

"Follow me" Damian turned and put Y/N on his hip so that he didn't drop her. Duke followed behind the boy closely, looking at his new surroundings.

"Wow. It's one thing to visit here but it's another to realize I'll be living here"

Damian stopped in front of a portrait with the silhouettes of most of the family. Damian made sure to have Y/N secure on his hip before he stuck out his other hand to the painting.

"The family. Minus Barbara Gordon, Stephanie Brown, Luke Fox and Kate Kane. Father has been meaning to get the portrait updated" The portrait had a large silhouette of Bruce Wayne at the top. Underneath him were the silhouettes of Dick Grayson, Jason Todd and Tim drake. Underneath them were Cassandra Cain and Damian Wayne. And finally on the last line was none other than Y/N Wayne.

Duke moved closer to get a better look at the portrait. "Do they all live here?"

"No. Only father, Pennyworth, Y/n and I live here. But the others come and go" Y/N nodded, even though she didn't really understand what was going on.

The tree of them continued the tour around the Manor. Their next stop was Duke's new room.

"Does this room suit you?" Damian asked.

"Uh. Yeah, this is great"

Next was the main hall of the Manor, Damian continued his explanations. "Father sometimes hosts parties here too..." he looked down at Y/N who was trying not to fall asleep, "Maintain his identity. There's so much small talk, it's terrible"

Afterwards, they headed to the kitchen. Damian whispered to Duke, "This is Pennyworth's domain. He'll decide if you have cooking privileges"

The last stop inside the Manor was the batcave. Duke and Damian leaned on the railing in front of the batcomputer. Duke looked at the large Tyrannosaurus Rex. "Hey, I've been meaning to ask what's with the dinosaur?"

Damian gave a deadpanned look, "It eats intruders"

Duke smiled in amazement "Woah, cool"

When they finally made it outside the Manor, Damian looked down at Y/N and saw that she was asleep on his shoulder. He almost smiled but tried not to let it show.

"I'll be careful moving about the grounds"

"Why?"

Damian smirked, "Booby traps"

"There you guys are" Damian looked back at his father, as Duke was still cringing at the Booby traps.

Bruce smiled seeing his youngest daughter asleep in youngest sons arms. He remembered when he first brought her home and how Damiam wouldn't let anyone hold her, not even Alferd or himself could get her out of his hold.

"Damian, could you help Alferd for a moment?" He nodded handing Y/N over to his father before heading off back inside. Bruce smiled down at his sleeping daughter thinking how adorable she looked.

Damian looked back at Duke. "Welcome to the Manor. I suppose" The boy then went inside.

"How was the tour?" Bruce asked while he adjusted Y/N's head on his shoulder so she was more comfortable.

"I didn't realise that the dinosaur in the batcave ate intruders!"

Bruce looked confused before he let out a small chuckle. "I think Damian might have been having a little bit of fun. The dinosaur is just from a old case"

Duke looked upset. "Oh. Should've guessed he was messing with me. Can't believe I thought you Booby trapped the backyard"

"Ah, that on is true. I just finished installing the laser grid just a few weeks ago"

"LASER GRID?!" Duke asked shocked.

"Don't worry, we only arm it at night"

"This place is..... overwhelming" Duke had a blank stare, thinking about the batcave and the Manor.

"I know moving into a new house can be tough. It'll be a bit of a adjustment, but we're all here for you" Bruce gave a sincere smile to Duke.

"Thanks. That means a lot" He smiled back.

"Welcome to the Manor Duke"