Chapter 5: favoritism

It was an average day for the batfamily. Bruce was sitting om his brown chair in the living roomreading the newspaper. He saw Dick come in with a large box.

Bruce looked up from his newspaper, "Hey, Dick. What's with the box?"

Dick smiled and turned ro Bruce. "There was this huge sale of justice league memorabilia yesterday. So I picked up stuff for everyone!"

"That was nice of you"

"It was no big deal" Dick waved goodbye and headed out of the living room. "I'll catch you later B!" As he turned around, Bruce saw the superman logo on the back of his blue hoodie.

Bruce looked back at his newspaper, "Superman. Figures"

As dick turned the corner, he saw Y/N pass by with a children's book in her arms.
"Morning Mini B!" "Morning Dickie"

Y/N looked up curiously at the box in his arms. "Dickie what's with the box?" She asked. Dick kneeled down to Y/N'S height and placed the box down so she could she inside.

"A bunch of justice league memorabilia"

"Memoa?"

"Memorabilia! It's a bunch of cool stuff dedicated ro the justice league. Check it out" he put his hand in the box and pulled out an object. "See, this one is the flash!" It was a bright red boomerang with the flahs logo on it.

"Here. I'll let you take first pick" Y/N looked down into the box and moved her arms around. "I'll take this one" She pulled out a doll and rubbed her finger over its white eyes. Dick let out a annoyed huff.

"Are you okay Dickie?"

"Yea, I'm fine. I'm gonna give the rest ro the others, bye baby bird!" He made a peace sign with his free hand as he picked up the box with his other.

"Bye"

~timeskip~

Jason headed up ro the Manor and passed by Y/N in the living room. She was laying on the floor with a white pillow under her elbows (courtesy of Alferd) drawing on a sheet of paper with her coloured pencils.

"Hey baby sis, got this for you!" He put a wonder women crown on her head. It was too big for her, so it fell down onto her face, covering her eyes.

She let out a giggle. "Jay Jay I can't see!" She took the crown off and put it in front of her. Jason crouched down next to Y/N.

"What'cha got there?"

"I'm colouring"

Jason looked down at the drawing, his finger places under his chin, as if he was inspecting it. It was crude drawing of a man standing in a garden holding hands with a little girl.

"Nice. Very nice" he pointed at the person in her drawing. "You know I have a white streaked in my hair right?"

"I know. I'm drawing daddy"

Jason slumped backwards and pouted. He then turned his attention towards the object Y/N picked from Dick's box.

"I thought I was her favourite" he mumbled.

"Huh?"

"It's nothing. So how about you squeeze me in there?" He grabbed a red coloured pencil and pretend to draw on the paper.

Y/N started pushing him away and giggled "Jay, I'll draw you later"

~timeskip~

The next day, Bruce walked down to the batcave holding case flies.

Barbara Gordon
A.K.A
Librarian by day, vigilante by night.

"Trust me Duke. The tech stuff is just important as the punching stuff when it comes to being a vigilante"

Bruce looked over at Barbara and Duke, who were conversing.

"Besides, I can do things as Oracle that I could never as batgirl"

Bruce looked down at Duke's new sneakers. They were red with the flash symbol on the right side.

"Hmph" he felt his hands tighten into fits as he hunched over. Barbara and Duke overheard the noise and turned to Bruce.

"Everything okay?"

Bruce, still looking down at the crumbled papers in his hands and muttered, "Fine, it's all fine"

~timeskip~

It was dinner time and Bruce finally lost it. Stephanie was sitting across him, slurping loudly out of her green arrow water bottle. Bruce slammed his fits on the dinning table.

"GREEN ARROW, STEPHANIE! REALLY?!"

Stephanie Brown
A.K.A
Spoiler, loves purple.

"What? He's cool! He's a Justice league member who fights crime without any powers. Game recognises game" She flaunted her cup.

"But I do that!"

"Yea, but do you use a bow? Are you blonde? I don't think so" Bruce covered his face, he had enough.

~timeskip~

The watchtower. The justice league's base of operations.

At the watchtower, the justice league were having their usual meeting. Superman sat down next to green arrow and whispered in his ear. "Does batman look grumpier than usual today?"

He turned to Batman who was sulking in his seat. Wonder women and flash looking on both his sides concerned.

"Seems normal to me"

~timeskip~

After a hellish week, Bruce slumped in his study's chair. His ego batter and bruised. From the corner of his eye, he could see Y/N peaking her head through the study's entrance.

"Y/N" He jumped and sat up straight. He gave a twitching smile.

She looked concerned. "Daddy? Are you okay?"

"I-I'm fine. Daddy's just tired"

She moved to the front of the study and fumbled with the helm of her dress. "Can I come in?"

"Of course you can" She walked over ro his chair. Bruce lifted her up and places her on his lap. He smiled contently.

That's when he noticed she was holding something. The item she was carrying the whole time. It was a batman doll.

His eyes widened in surprise. "What's in your hands sweetie?"

"Dickie brought over the memor- memora-... stuff from the justice league" He laughed at her attempt to say memorabilia. "And I picked this"

"Is batman your favourite superhero?" He asked genuinely.

She answered quickly, "Yep"

"And why is that?"

"Cause he's you daddy! And your my number one hero" She gave her father a toothy smile.

He felt his eyes welling up with tears but he blinked them away and pulled his daughter into a tight hug. "I love you so much Y/N"

Y/N hugged him back just as tight. "I love you too daddy"