Walking While Reading

School had ended, and on his venture back, Marco carried a pile of study books and was reading one. It was a Thursday, so the traffic was pretty quiet. He sighed, turning page after page. The walk home was always a bother; his phone usually would've died by now, and it had, so no music. Jean walked the same way home, but had forgotten his trainers, so was walking back. The pavements were pretty thin, so there wasn't enough room for even two men of their size to get past each other, resulting in Jean hitting Marco, making his precious books slam onto the dampened ground. "Oh shit, sorry ma-..." Jean looked to the nervous kid, who seemed quieter than even an ant. "You okay?" He asked, helping him pick up the books. "Hey, are you Freckled Jesus?" As Jean was pretty popular, he knew everyone and their names (or in this case, nicknames). "D-don't call me Jesus..." "Oh sorry Marco..." Handing him the last of the books, he noticed Marco had a light blush on his face. "Hm, well see ya." Jean walked off again. "Just who was that, and how did he know my name?" Marco thought to himself, digging up some strong, unnecessary emotions he only ever felt for fictional characters. He never understood love, as he'd never experienced sex, or even just a relationship in general.

"I should probably stop reading..." Marco nodded to himself, sorting his books and walking with his head peering from left to right, making sure he didn't hit anyone else. The sun wasn't up but it hadn't set quite yet so it gave the sky a mixed colour of purple and red, making Jean feel relatively sick to look at it after what just happened. It made him feel like he was in a Visual Novel.

"That kid, he's younger than me right? No! He's taller, just a little..." He stopped for a moment. "Maybe we're the same age... Maybe we're... Of age..." Jean soon hit himself in the side of the head multiple times-- note that this was in public-- and ruffled his hair. "NO! I am not gay for Nerd Jesus!"