Still Alive Ch.6

Krieg's POV

I awaken inside a dark room on a bed. It was dark, only source of light coming from lit candle on a table next to the bed. After taking in my surroundings I remember the battle. I tried to get up but failed as my body was in too much pain to move. I grunted at the pain and tried again, as I was trying to get up a women came through a door and rushed to my side.

Women: "Please, don't move your wounds will reopen!"

I didn't really listen to her and tried to get up again but she was holding me down. In doing so two more women came into the room to hold me down. Not having the strength in my body I obeyed and laid down. They got rags and cleaned my wounds and my body. Before I could say anything the door opened yet again but this time came in William. He was dressed in normal clothing carrying my mask in his other hand. He tossed it to me and I caught it.

William: "Ladies, help him get dressed and lead him outside."

William closed the door and left. The ladies looked at each other before looking down at me. I sat up, although in pain I grabbed the blanket on me and moved it. Upon doing so it turns out I was naked, not a single piece of clothing on me, besides my bandages. I looked up to see the women and they all had blushes on their faces trying to look away from me. I got up from the bed and faced the women.

Krieg: "Excuse me, do you know where my clothes are?"

One of the women managed to speak.

Women 1: "I-I have them, here."

The women handed me my clothes and I grabbed them. Slowly dressing I see the ladies follow each other out of the room. I got fully dressed and put my mask on. I opened the door to see that I'm in a house with more injured people. Upon opening the door everyone there laid their eyes on me. It was quiet for five seconds then everyone saluted me. I was confused by this but was brought out of it by one of the women from the room grabbed my hand.

Women: "Follow me, Sir Krieg."

I followed the woman as she led me to the door, as I was following her everyone here was looking at me. They looked at me in awe, some giving me nods of respect. The woman opened the door outside. It was bright out, took my eye a while to adjust to the light. After adjusting I looked around to see the people of the village rebuilding. I walk out the building with the woman and see William help the village people rebuild. The woman lets go of hand and bows to me, I just wave to her not knowing what to do. I hear snickering and see William.

William: "You look confused friend."

I turn to William

Krieg: "I'm not familiar with people around here."

William shakes his head and gestures me to follow him. I follow him as we walked around the village, many of the village people waving and bowing to me. William pats my shoulder.

William: "Good job, Krieg. You did something no adventure could, or wanted to do."

I looked at him confused.

William: "You saved our village from the barbarians, our lands have been pillaged by them for years. We never stood a chance on a fight because they always had numbers and were better fights. For as long as I could remember our village has been assaulted again and again. But then after decades of it, here you come by."

William looked out at the field where the battle took place, I look doing the same.

William: "You came here and gave these people hope, gave them courage to fight one last time."

Krieg: "But you were the one that did the speech. How did I give them courage?"

William: "That's because you gave me hope. When we sent out one of our own to pay for a quest, we were pretty sure no one was gonna take it. I, along the whole village figured this was the end. Our last plan was to evaluate the village and try our best to find a new home."