Ch.4 --- the Opening Ceremony

"Blood pressure, normal." An artificial voice said, alerting me to end my hours in the darkness.

So I open my eyes, finding myself staring at the blank white ceiling, which only symbolised one thing.

I'm in the hospital.

"Mr. Melic, the patient has just woken." The robotic voice has made its appearance again, the voice makes me shiver, and I wonder why.

That's when I found that anxious man by the corner, he, like the other Capitol citizens, wore shiny and artificial-coloured clothes. It doesn't quite match the emotions on his face. After hearing what the robot said, he rushed forward. Yes, he rush forward, the anxious look becomes much more clear. Yet, after he saw me, he sigh and the look of his immediately changes into a relieved expression.

"Hello. I'm your real stylist Clev. Sorry for my robot Tin, he just wanted to have fun." He pointed to the robot next to him, which immediately pronounced a Hello and apologised for what he had done. But my focus is not on Tin and Clev, it's on the memories before I black out.

"Hello, I am your stylist Jew." A robotic voice said. I turn my head, shocking to see a metalic robot smirking at me...What?! This is my stylist?! That's my only thought before the robot hold my shoulder which makes me black out.

"Are you alright?" Clev asks, bringing me back to reality from the memories in the past.

"I'm fine. It's just a little bit confusing at first."

"Great," He says, a grin returning to his face "But sadly there is no time for words and talking. 'Cause God, the Opening ceremony will start in a hour!"

***

After an hour or so, I'm in a silver dress that sparkles way too much and an accessory that Clev insisted that it is a headband. However, I think this 'headband' is something that no one would bother to put it on, even for the ones in the Capitol.

I followed Clev downstairs, and in no time I already received glares and smirks from people around, no doubt that it is about my 'headband'. Luckily, I pick up the words that Audery told me this morning and act like they don't exist. But of course, they exist.

It's quite boring as I don't have anything to do while waiting for Samson and his stylist Claris' arrival. Fortunately, I have this little grey horse by my side, and somehow I liked the feeling when I stroke its mane.

And I'm so focusing on it that I didn't even realised that Samson is next to me until he scares me by tapping my shoulder.

"Hey Capillia."

I jumped up, staring him wide-eyed, "Samson, you scared me!" However, my eyes aren't looking straight to his eyes. Instead, I'm looking at what he is wearing: A silver jumpsuit and a silver 'headband'.

He looked down, "Okay, I know it looks strange. I think we will look fabulous it if we don't have this 'headband' on top of our head."

I nodded, glad that I'm not the only one who thinks this 'headband' is ridiculously awful.

"Excuse me, Mr. Thicket. But beg you pardon, what did you just say?" Suddenly, Clev appears, with his hand on Samson's shoulder.

"Nothing... Sir..." Samson shutters, his face beef red. I laughed at his expression, while he shoots me an 'angry' look.

Then a girl with a silver dragon tattoo enters the conversation "Bro, don't be too exasperated. It's not the first time that the tributes complained about their costumes."

"Whatever you say, sis. I still care" Clev snorts. "Oh yes, Capilla. This is Claris. Claris, Capillia."

"Hey there, girl." Claris gives me a pat on the back. I nodded at her greeting, I'm not familiar with this kind of greeting.