~1~

The sirens are blaring, it's hurting my ears. The flashes of the police lights sting my eyes. "Oww." I say and touch my head.

"Kevin? What's wrong?" I hear Blake say before I hit the ground.

My vision is blurry. I can barely see Blake sitting over top me. He's yelling something. Maybe, "Help!"? All of a sudden lots of officers surround me.

"Son, are you ok?" I hear one say.

"Is he ok?" Blake asks.

"He's fine." the officer says standing over me. "He's just had one to many beers."

"Ok," Blake says. "Do you think he'll get up soon?"

"Yeah, just watch him for a little bit." the officer replies.

"Hey, is Macie ok?" Blake asks.

"She lost a lot of blood." the officer says. "And you said it was an animal that attacked her?"

"Yeah, well at least that's what Mat said. He's the one that found her." Blake says and points to Mat.

I turn my head and look over at the ambulance holding Macie. Mat stands there half crying, trying to talk to the officer standing with him.

I turn my head back and look into the night sky. How did this party turn into this? I ask myself because I can't manage to say it a loud without it sounding like a bunch of gibberish.

Blake looks back down at me. I smile at him. "It's going to be ok." he tells me. "They think that Macie will live and they said that you're just drunk."

"Ni...nice to... n...n...know!" I half say half laugh. I don't know why I'm laughing, one of my best friends almost died today. She was viciously attacked by an animal.

I try to stand up, but just fall again. Blake lays me back and tells me to stay down so I don't hurt myself. "I'm... I'm f...fine!" I manage to spit out. "Whe... where's Ma... Macie?" I get up and stumble. I look around to see a blurry ambulance. I start wobbling over there when Blake stops me.

"You can't go over there, not right now." Blake said.

"Y... yes I... ca... cah... can!" I say and push him down.

"No you can't!" Blake says and grabs my leg. I kick him in the jaw so hard he passes out.

As I stumble my way over there, I'm stopped by an officer. "I'm sorry son, you can't go over there."

I lift my leg and kick him in the balls. "N... now ca... c-can I?" I say and walk over to the ambulance.

When the officer gets up he comes over and handcuffs me. "Thats for asulting an officer." he says and sits me down.

"Thats why you can't come over here." Blake says as he gets up and walks over here. I see his blurry figure and stick my tounge out at it.

"Officer, please let him go! He's just drunk and acting stupid." Blake says.

"How old is he?" the officer asks.

Blake mumbles something softly.

"Do you want arrested too?" the officer asks. "How old is he?"

"Seventeen." Blake says.

"Get in the car." the officer says. "Both of you, now."

"Where are you taking us?" Blake asks.

"Home. Where do you two live?"

As Blake explains where we live I try to get out of the handcuffs. All it does is hurts my hands.

When the officer walks back over to me he helps me stand up and hands me off to Blake so he can walk me to the police car.

"Thank you officer." Blake says.

"This is the only time that this happens." the officer says. He gets in the car and drives us away.