~9~

Later on, we arrive at a little house in the middle of nowhere. "Kevin, welcome to my brother, Aidon's house."

"Your brother's house? Where are we?" I ask.

"We are outside of a town called Sunbury." Sondra says as she opens the truck door. She gets out and walks to the back. I get out and walk there too.

"Does your brother know that we are coming here? And what about all my stuff?" I ask, concerned.

"What do you think is in all these bags?"

"Chocolate." I say as I help her take my things out of the truck and into the house. As I walk in I see Sondra's brother and his wife and what seems to be their kids.

"Hi, I'm Aidon, this is my wife, Susun, and this is my daughter, Jadyn, and my sons, Carter, Luke, and Mitchell." Aidon says.

"I'm Kevin. I thought vampires can't have kids." I say.

"We can't," Aidon says, "Me and Susun married and had children before we were turned."

"You didn't mention that, Sondra." I say and turn to Sondra.

"I didn't know you needed to know." Sondra says.

"I don't mean to be rude but how old does that make you all?" I ask.

"I'm one hundred and seventy-nine, my wife is one hundred and seventy-six, my daughter is one hundred and fifty-three, and my son, Carter is one hundred and fifty-six, my son Luke is one hundred and fifty-two, and my son Mitchell is one hundred and fifty." Aidon says.

"Wow." I say.

"Yeah." Sondra says.

"Well, I better show you to your rooms." Aidon says. "Susun, would you like to start dinner?"

"Sure!" Susun says and busys herself to the kitchen.

"Can you eat human food?" I ask Sondra.

"Yeah, as long as we even it out with a good amount of blood." She says.

I gulp. I hope I'm not the dessert.

"Thank you very much, Susun. The food is delicious." I say.

"Your welcome. I'm glad you liked it." Susun says.

"So, do you and your family drink human blood?" I ask.

"Um, yes." Aidon says. "We try not to, but we have to. To prevent killing, we drink from blood-bags and we drink animal blood."

"Oh." I say.

"Yeah, whiskey helps with the cravings." Aidon says.

"And do your children drink it?" I ask.

"Well, yes. They're over twenty-one." Aidon replies.

"Way over twenty-one." Carter says as he swallows a sip of whiskey.

"Thats true." I say.

Knock, knock, knock.

"Who's there?" I ask.

"It's me!" I hear my mother's voice say.

"Come in." I say.

She comes over and sits on the bed. She leans in and bites my neck.

"Mom!" I scream.

Real life:

I scream.

"What was that for?" Sondra says as she appears at the door.

"I have to call my mom." I say and reach for my cellphone. I dial her number and it rings.

"Kevin?!" She yells into the phone.

"Hi, Mom." I reply.

"Where have you been?! It's like three in the morning!"

"I'm on a little trip, I'll be back soon. I'm sorry I didn't tell you." I say.

"Who are you with?" She asks.

"Me and a couple of friends decided to go on a trip to try and forget about everything." I reply.

"Oh, ok. Just call once in a while. Have fun." She says.

"Love you." I say.

"Love you too." She replys.

I hang up the phone.

"What was that all about?" Sondra asks.

"Oh, just wanting my mother to know where I am." I say. "Why did you come over?"

"I don't know; you only screamed at the top of your longs. I wanted to make sure one of my nephews wasn't drinking you dry." She chuckles.

"Thats comforting." I say. "I'm going back to bed."

"Have fun with that." Sondra says and walks away.

I lay my head back down on the pillow and fall asleep.