~3~

"She couldn't have!" I whisper as his hand falls back to his side. "She's standing here, in the sun."

"Kevin, I don't know how she does it but I swear..." Blake says and starts to trail off.

"What?" I ask.

"I swear," he starts, "she's a vampire."

*

Later that night, I went to Blake's house to discuss this 'vampire' crap.

"Hey," I say as I walk into his room. He's working on his manuscript.

"Okay, before you say anything, I want you to know I am not crazy!" Blake says and turns off his computer. The tone of his voice worries me.

"So, that new girl..." I start.

"Sondra," Blake says.

"Sondra," I repeat. "You think she's a vampire?"

"Have you seen her?"

"Yep."

"And?"

"And what?" I ask, "What's wrong with her? She's just an average teen-aged girl."

"An averaged teen-aged girl? She's dresses in all black and she always has those weird sunglasses on and she never smiles. I've never seen her teeth once."

"Exactly! You've never seen her teeth. And she might just be goth or emo."

"I haven't seen cuts on her arms or black eyeliner around her eyes."

"Maybe she just likes the color black?" I say. Blake roles his eyes.

"She's really pale."

"Whatever." I say and turn to face TV. I pick up the remote and push the "ON" button. The TV turns on with a flash. It's on the news channel.

"Another mysterious animal attack has occurred last night right outside the Sunoco Gas Station around eleven o'clock. The victims were the young couple Josh Kinnson and Emily Clarke. Cops say that an animal had come out of the woods and attacked the couple while they were getting gas..."

"Ha!" Blake yells, "Vampires!"

"That doesn't prove anything!" I say.