Oblivion: Star Rating -> 5/5

Oblivion is a steel roller coaster which, like Nemesis, was designed by John Wardley and manufactured by B&M for the park. It is located in X-Sector with The Smiler, and these removed rides: The Black Hole, Submission, Enterprise and Ripsaw. This coaster is the parks first ever world's first coaster. It is SW4 and sits with fellow world's first coaster, a record breaking SW, The Smiler, but that review is for later.

Oblivion opened in 1998, with it's own brand of deodorant and a lot more advertising as well. Everybody had heard about this coaster before it had even opened. A special Christmas card was released in 1997 with Santa's sleigh being pulled down vertically before the ride was opened, only making people more curious. When the ride opened , people ran down to the fantasy land area, which had been renamed to be X-Sector. Although it was marketed as the world's first vertical drop coaster, it isn't actually a 90 degree drop. To keep the wheels on the tracks, the drop is actually 87 degrees. This iconic ride has an even more iconic slogan, which is "Don't Look Down".

So.. why does this coaster get five stars?

This coaster gets five stars because it is a brilliant and innovative coaster, even though it spends most of its run time underground, however it also has a brilliant drop and is very thrilling!

 <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ij7_Gj6amFA

(This link leads to the Oblivion on ride pov)